5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We. Hanged out the Westlakes with the GY Endurance....why temp fate
    Also have a TST 507. I am a fan
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Did the TST 507 need the repeater, and if so, how and where did you install it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2021 Imagine 22RBE - And I too am looking to replace my Super ST Westlake 14" tires load range D. I see reviews on line about Trailer King, Maxxis, Carlisle as being best - with few mentioning Goodyear Endurance. Some say they've had some bulge problems with Endurance - an understand that all tires could have problems. Recently put close to 5,000 miles on the Westlake's going from TX to Florida and back - so far ok, but planning a long summer trip from Texas to Pacific NW and back this summer - hence a lot of mountains, higher elevations, turns etc.

I also definitely want to increase the speed rating to at least an N - not that I go much over 70 - but with pulling this trailer with a Ford F250 SD 6.7 turbo diesel - and need to pass - I want the comfort that trailer tires will stay up with challenge to 75 mph.

I too have TST Tire monitoring system - would not go without it on. AND I put on Centramatic wheel balancers on trailer and truck - very smooth ride.

Hence - Looking for some good feedback on tire options as well before taking the tire plunge!

Thanks, Dave

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DC22RBE View Post
    We have a 2021 Imagine 22RBE - And I too am looking to replace my Super ST Westlake 14" tires load range D. I see reviews on line about Trailer King, Maxxis, Carlisle as being best - with few mentioning Goodyear Endurance. Some say they've had some bulge problems with Endurance - an understand that all tires could have problems. Recently put close to 5,000 miles on the Westlake's going from TX to Florida and back - so far ok, but planning a long summer trip from Texas to Pacific NW and back this summer - hence a lot of mountains, higher elevations, turns etc.

I also definitely want to increase the speed rating to at least an N - not that I go much over 70 - but with pulling this trailer with a Ford F250 SD 6.7 turbo diesel - and need to pass - I want the comfort that trailer tires will stay up with challenge to 75 mph.

I too have TST Tire monitoring system - would not go without it on. AND I put on Centramatic wheel balancers on trailer and truck - very smooth ride.

Hence - Looking for some good feedback on tire options as well before taking the tire plunge!

Thanks, Dave
    Keep the westlakes and don’t go over 65. They are a great tire

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the westlake have 30% reserve to the GAWR, they can last upto 10 years.
    If you go for Endurance, also this reserve is needed.
    Both are calculated in maxload for 65mph.
    I am wayting for the moment, that some TT maker uses Endurance with 10% reserve, as is recomanded, and again many tire-failures happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We purchased a 22MLE in 2020 and the first thing I did was to replace all four tires with Goodyear Endurance Tires. Probably for for piece of mind more than anything but they have a slightly higher load rating as well. I also replace the suspension system with a Dexter E-Z Flex wet bolt system. The plastic busing do not hold up on the stock system. I also notice a better ride with the system as well..
    Roger & Debbie
    2020 XLE 22 MLE
    2021 Chevy 1500 LTZ 4x4
    Crew Cab with, 6.2L V8 With HD Tow Pkg

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just picked up my 22MLE in October. Last week I bought 5 Goodyear Endurance online at the Goodyear site. I used my 15% discount from the Escapees RV Club. I felt bad taking brand new tires off but the total bill was $637 for 5 installed with all tax and fees. Like you I will put a bunch of miles on and just don't want to worry about it. I also rationalized by how much damage gets done when you blow a tire. I also run a TPMS system that I transferred over from my last trailer and it works awesome. I paid $123 a year ago and they were $135 a few days ago. They are high right now but watch for them to come down. I use Keepa to track prices. It shows historical prices and it alerts me it gets to my target price.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Dan, Ponderosa Park, CO
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE (SOLD)
    2023 Hiker Mid Range Deluxe 5x9 (Due Oct 2023)
    2018 Nissan Titan Crew

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the 14' Westlake tires and after a couple of short trips and around 500 miles I bought the Goodyear Endurance tires. I had them install internal TPMS sensors at the same time. My TPMS system shows pressure and temperature and with them mounted inside I don't have to think about them. Also had metal valve stems installed. The whole thing, excluding the cost of the sensors, was around $700.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Mac View Post
    Thanks. Did the TST 507 need the repeater, and if so, how and where did you install it?

Installed it in battery box on the tongue.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast