User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude Refrigerator Not Working with Gas

Hello Everyone!

We are on our first big adventure in our new 2021 Solitude 2930RL. Thanks to everyone on the Forum for the many suggestions that made this trip as uneventful as it has been. This is a good thing! I do have one minor problem that someone might have seen before. Quite simply, our refrigerator does not work on gas. The things I have done:

There is plenty of gas.
    The gas line is not kinked that I can see anywhere.
    The stove (which is just downstream of the refrigerator) works just fine.
    The hot water heater works on gas.

When I switch the refrigerator to LP, I went outside and heard the igniter sparking but then nothing. I could hear the alarm inside with the message No LP. Before I contact GD (since the trailer is still under warranty), I was hoping it might be something obvious that you might think of.

Thank you!

Ed and Leslie Davidson

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rgreenz View Post
    Hello Everyone!

We are on our first big adventure in our new 2021 Solitude 2930RL. Thanks to everyone on the Forum for the many suggestions that made this trip as uneventful as it has been. This is a good thing! I do have one minor problem that someone might have seen before. Quite simply, our refrigerator does not work on gas. The things I have done:

There is plenty of gas.
    The gas line is not kinked that I can see anywhere.
    The stove (which is just downstream of the refrigerator) works just fine.
    The hot water heater works on gas.

When I switch the refrigerator to LP, I went outside and heard the igniter sparking but then nothing. I could hear the alarm inside with the message No LP. Before I contact GD (since the trailer is still under warranty), I was hoping it might be something obvious that you might think of.

Thank you!

Ed and Leslie Davidson
    We found the orifice had gotten clogged. Not sure what with, some sort of debris or a tiny bug. After my husband blew it out clearing it, and put it all back together, the striker was working, but, apparently, my husband didn't line it it well and it was too far from the propane line to actually ignite. After fixing that, it worked.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check that out. Thank you!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Also while the line might not be kinked look at the valve on the connection running to the fridge. Make sure it is open. easy to overlook
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Also while the line might not be kinked look at the valve on the connection running to the fridge. Make sure it is open. easy to overlook
    Good call. Not the first time that valve on the quick connect has been closed.

I would also ask if they have cycled the fridge a couple times to make sure the LP is getting to the fridge burner.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I will take a more careful look.