User Tag List

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting the LiFePO Battery / Inverter Project Started (2020 - 303rls)

I've been planning the project for a while (like 3 months) but seem to be overcome by other events every time I try to get started. Well, a couple of weeks ago I got finally got started, was hoping to finish this week but the winter storm slowed me down a bit. I'm doing what I can, cut and crimped a bunch of 4/0 cable today in hopes of wiring everything up as soon as weather warms up a little.

I decided to put the batteries, inverter, and associated equipment in the front bay. We chase the weather and try to avoid the cold stuff when possible, not doing a good job of that at the moment. Started with a slight reinforcement of the front bay floor, it seemed strong enough but was a little bouncy. Added some 2 inch x .125 inch aluminum bar to the floor, then added a section of 1/2 inch plywood. The plywood was grooved on the backside so that it locked into the aluminum bars and bolts. It doesn't move/slide a bit. Then made a battery tray out of some 1/2 x 1/2 aluminum angle, placed dense foam matt in the bottom to give the batteries some shock absorption. Added a couple of hold down brackets and a lashing strap to snug everything down.

I didn't trust the front bay "firewall" to hold the weight of the heavy-****** MultiPlus, so had to reinforce with 1/2 plywood and bolted everything so that I shouldn't have any issues. We changed locations right after I did this, everything seemed perfectly in-place after a three hour trip (even through the Birmingham, AL-area potholes on the freeway).

Lots more to do and should be all wrapped-up by mid-March at the latest. I will start the solar project sometime in April or May.

Worked with SOK directly and got a great deal on 2 x 206AH batteries. I think 400AH will be enough, left some room to add one more if we feel its needed but will just need to move the aluminum angle out a bit on the plywood plank.

Pics:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20210123_104228.jpg   20210130_130919.jpg   20210201_143823.jpg   20210205_124843.jpg   20210205_140836.jpg  

Last edited by BubbleGutz; 02-15-2021 at 04:39 PM.
    2020 GD Reflection 303RLS
    2016 Ford F250 FX4 6.7 PSD 3.55 / OEM E-Locker
    BDS 2.5" Radius Arm Leveling Kit
    B&W Turnover Ball/Gooseneck w/Andersen UH
    Titan 50 Gallon Replacement Tank
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5K Ultimate w/ Gen2 Wireless Air