User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Whatever fella. Done with this thread. It has gone off the rails as most on here do

What proof do you have that this vehicle will not be able to stop his trailer as fast as a 3/4 ton towing a 11000 pound trailer or a 1 ton towing 25000 lbs?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    First, I don't need to prove anything. But your two examples are overloaded also, I tow a 12,000 with a srw f350D and I'm looking to upgrade the brakes!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    As you can see by now there's 2 different mentality. Those that dont care for the parameters as long as they feel safe its ok and those that feel safe if their within the towing parameters.
    http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml this calculator should help you. Now the advertised UVW is without lp tank, battery, wdh.... so you'll need to figure that one out. Usually you can add about 1,000 lbs to the UVW this would include food, dishes, clothes, BBQ, chairs.... the average Imagine owner tongue weight weight will be about 12.5 to 13%.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thank you the calculator is very helpful

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    MrComperoni because this thread has devolved and is not really helping I suggest you get off and go find find a couple payload-towing calculators. Find one that works for you and try to keep your data honest so you can better determine if you can tow the camper you want. Besides the important payload sticker in your door jamb there will be another on your receiver hitch that gives capacities. The Equalizer 4 point is a good weight distribution hitch, that's one thing you don't want to cheap out on.
    You could try reading through this from Curt Mfg: https://www.curtmfg.com/introduction
    When you read through to the bottom go to chapter 4, "What is my tow capacity" and understand it. Find out the real world weights beforehand so you can use actual data to get truthful input. When and if you feel comfortable and confident with the numbers then consider buying that camper.
    One more thing if I may. You didn't mention it but if a salesman told you your Lincoln could tow that trailer, keep this in mind. That salesman's objective is selling the most trailer he can and at the end of the day isn't whiteknuckling down the road with it.
    Thank you. I had not idea it was going to cause so much contention. Sorry everyone.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChomperoni View Post
    Thank you the calculator is very helpful
    I wanted to thank everyone for their opinions on this. I used the calculator above and This is the results I got.

"Maximum Trailer Weight

This is the maximum trailer weight based on the most restrictive tow vehicle ratings provided (tongue weight rating at 15% of trailer weight).

Trailer GVW exceeds Maximum Trailer Weight. The provided trailer GVW (or GTW) exceeds the calculated maximum trailer weight. You should either lighten the trailer or provide additional information for a more accurate calculation."

Since this is also without any camping load or my family I am concluding that it would not be the best idea for me to tow with my Navigator. Luckily I have access to my work F150 and although not as fancy it will be able to tow without any issues. Thanks again for everyone's help.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. I had not idea it was going to cause so much contention. Sorry everyone.
    No need for you to apologize. This topic always generates lively exchanges on any and all of the RV forums.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to thank everyone for their opinions on this. I used the calculator above and This is the results I got.

"Maximum Trailer Weight

This is the maximum trailer weight based on the most restrictive tow vehicle ratings provided (tongue weight rating at 15% of trailer weight).

Trailer GVW exceeds Maximum Trailer Weight. The provided trailer GVW (or GTW) exceeds the calculated maximum trailer weight. You should either lighten the trailer or provide additional information for a more accurate calculation."

Since this is also without any camping load or my family I am concluding that it would not be the best idea for me to tow with my Navigator. Luckily I have access to my work F150 and although not as fancy it will be able to tow without any issues. Thanks again for everyone's help.
    The F150 also gives you a chance to load up, hit the scales, and see what your final weights really are. It’ll either prove that it’s too much for the Navi, or give you reason to give it a shot. 30ft is still a lot of trailer but having options to see what you are comfortable with is invaluable
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345