User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    I've had both fender shirts crack on my 2018 315RLTS. I've ordered two new skirts and will use stainless bolts, nuts and lock washers, washers with Loctite. This is the ONLY problem we've had with our GD so I really can't complain since we have put over 8,000 miles on the TT.
    Is that a tattoo of a guy with a lawn mower ?!!
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, that is why I'm bald because that guy keeps mowing my hair. I've had the tattoo for about 10 years and have brought lots of smiles to many people.
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JDWHSKY View Post
    Yep, that is why I'm bald because that guy keeps mowing my hair. I've had the tattoo for about 10 years and have brought lots of smiles to many people.
    Well it definitely brought a smile to me. You definitely have a good sense of humor & brave.
    Back to the topic....both of my skirts are starting to crack.
    Last edited by avf100; 02-18-2021 at 05:32 AM.
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a previous brand trailer, the cracking was caused by not pre-drilling the screw holes according to their customer service.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It's been a while... I think I might have still had some West Marine epoxy around from my sailboat days. There are probably better adhesives out there for plastics now, too - a body shop might give you better advice than me.

Rob

3M 4200

Try this stuff. Works great on our fiberglass sailboat. Remains a little flexible which you want to deal with body flexing and temp changes. Comes in all sorts of size containers. Always have a couple of smaller tubes around

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Marine-Adh.../dp/B01CDWJLHU
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the same thing happen on our Momentum, 2020 397th. I repaired with fiberglass window screen material and ABS pipe glue on the back side of the fender. Just sand the backside rough, put blue tape or masking tape on the front side to keep the glue from oozing through. Layer of glue, then the fiberglass window screen then another layer of pipe glue. Worked great. The crack is visible if you look hard at it, but it works for us...I've also repaired ABS holding tanks this way, and it held on a previous trailer for years. The current owner said they haven't had any leaks from it yet....There is a video on YouTube that instructs you how to do it..

Just a side note "Fiberglass Window screen material", not fiberglass cloth for all you "know it all Nazis" out there!,,,Oh Wait the election is over, sorry thought I was on Facebook or something...
    Last edited by Martin. Shankle; 02-20-2021 at 03:04 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks just like the driver’s side of my 2017 GD Momentum 328. The passenger side fenders are fine. Leading me to believe it IS an over tightening issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schupp11 View Post
    Just fyi. customer service responded to my issue regarding cracked fenders by telling me they would review the problem. I had asked them if this was a known issue. They responded after reviewing that it is not a known issue. I suspected that i was not the only one so did a search here and of course found others with same issue. I understand if they don't want to replace them since i am out of warranty but I am trying to determine if i should replace with factory parts. don't want to spend $170 each and have them do the same thing after 3 years. Have had good experience with them in the past but this just looked like an answer taken directly off of a standard response cheat sheet. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue with replacement fenders. I am leaning toward an aftermarket it they are going to fall apart anyway. My son has a used Montana that is about 10 years old and has one tiny crack just showing up.

Attachment 32152Attachment 32153Attachment 32154

These things really gauld me! I used to work in injection plastics. They could have spent about 5 dollars more and used a plastic that would never crack! But, they let the bean counters cause all kinds of problems to save pennies! We had a instance where my company tried to use a cheaper plastic on a very small part, (savings 1 cent per part) caused a 15 million dollar recall! Saved a bunch of money didn't they!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schupp11 View Post
    Just fyi. customer service responded to my issue regarding cracked fenders by telling me they would review the problem. I had asked them if this was a known issue. They responded after reviewing that it is not a known issue. I suspected that i was not the only one so did a search here and of course found others with same issue. I understand if they don't want to replace them since i am out of warranty but I am trying to determine if i should replace with factory parts. don't want to spend $170 each and have them do the same thing after 3 years. Have had good experience with them in the past but this just looked like an answer taken directly off of a standard response cheat sheet. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue with replacement fenders. I am leaning toward an aftermarket it they are going to fall apart anyway. My son has a used Montana that is about 10 years old and has one tiny crack just showing up.

Attachment 32152Attachment 32153Attachment 32154
    Not to continue beating this horse, but it also looks to me like an install problem with a not so great part.

I personally would buy new skirts from GD and install them properly. (Yours look like a lot of work to repair and make them look right.) The keys here are: Pre drill the holes. Instead of a washer under the head of the screw, I would put a washer under the skirt. There is a lip on the edge that gives a better fit, but that also makes a stress spot when the screw is over tightened.... So don't over tighten them 😁

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just installed new fender skirts on both sides due to cracking. I used stainless steel bolts, flat washers, lock washers, and nuts plus Loctite. On those existing screws that are screwed into the slide out frame, I used a longer metal screw with a washer and Loctite. The key is not to overtighten.

I paid $100 ($50 per fender skirt) plus $40 for shipping to Hurricane, Utah.

Don
    2018 Reflection TT 315RLTS
    2014 F250 Crew Cab, Short Bed, 6.7 Diesel, 4x4
    50 gallon Titan fuel tank
    2007 Shelby GT Mustang

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast