User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    This isn't terribly uncommon - and probably from overtightening as stated by @Calbar. This happened on our 2016 Reflection 337. I found it cheaper and more convenient to remove the fenders, repair with a good epoxy, sand, and repaint with paint intended for plastic.

Rob
    Don,
    I like the way you went on ordering two new skirts. The price sounds good. I live in Washington, Ut. so I'm sure the shipping will be the same.

Jim

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo49 View Post
    Don,
    I like the way you went on ordering two new skirts. The price sounds good. I live in Washington, Ut. so I'm sure the shipping will be the same.

Jim
    Did you mean to quote someone else?

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don,

This is good info. The price seems ok as does the shipping. I live in Washington, Ut. so I'm sure the cost will be the same. Thanks for the info.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Did you mean to quote someone else?

Rob
    I did Rob. Still learning how to respond on this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After putting 10,000 miles on the trailer, I too have cracked skirts on my 2019 2500RL. I bought two new ones and still have to put them on. When I initially seen they were cracked, I was thinking that the cracks were due to them vibrating as I drive (I can see them fluttering in the rear view mirrors), which I believe is due to a lack of lower panel supports. After reading these posts, I'll have to consider the over-tightening thought that others have mentioned. When I put on the new ones, I'll be sure to tighten the screws/bolts only "as needed" and not torque them down. I'm considering using rubber-backed washers on the outside in order to give a little cushion. I also plan on adding some supports behind the aluminum skirts to damper the vibration that I see going on. That's my plan unless someone in this forum comes up with some more suggestions. Thanks all!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5662.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	32244
    Brad & Debbie
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    formerly had 2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2020 Ford F250 4x4 Lariat 6.7L Diesel
    looking to upgrade to F350!
    Happily "retired" campers!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gander32 View Post
    After putting 10,000 miles on the trailer, I too have cracked skirts on my 2019 2500RL. I bought two new ones and still have to put them on. When I initially seen they were cracked, I was thinking that the cracks were due to them vibrating as I drive (I can see them fluttering in the rear view mirrors), which I believe is due to a lack of lower panel supports. After reading these posts, I'll have to consider the over-tightening thought that others have mentioned. When I put on the new ones, I'll be sure to tighten the screws/bolts only "as needed" and not torque them down. I'm considering using rubber-backed washers on the outside in order to give a little cushion. I also plan on adding some supports behind the aluminum skirts to damper the vibration that I see going on. That's my plan unless someone in this forum comes up with some more suggestions. Thanks all!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5662.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	32244
    After looking closely at your picture, it doesn't appear that the crack emanates from the screw hole. That makes me wonder about the over tightening vs. the vibration. But on the other hand, maybe the recess that the screw is in is being pulled in and putting stress on the skirt. The suggestion above about putting a washer(s) behind the screw may be the key. I don't know.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    After looking closely at your picture, it doesn't appear that the crack emanates from the screw hole. That makes me wonder about the over tightening vs. the vibration. But on the other hand, maybe the recess that the screw is in is being pulled in and putting stress on the skirt. The suggestion above about putting a washer(s) behind the screw may be the key. I don't know.
    I agree, shims (aka washers) may be needed. When I go to install the new set, I'll take all of that into consideration! Thanks...
    Brad & Debbie
    2023 Reflection 337RLS
    formerly had 2019 Imagine 2500RL
    2020 Ford F250 4x4 Lariat 6.7L Diesel
    looking to upgrade to F350!
    Happily "retired" campers!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine were over tightened and in a bind. I was going to replace them but the price for all 4 pieces and shipping was ridiculous. So I reinforced back side and put them back on with spacers and no bind. May fix them better some day but OK for now.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I remember a post somewhere where someone back filled them with spray foam. They seemed to say it worked.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine started a bit back but wasn’t bad. After a fierce wind storm at my house where our trailer is stored, I found several more cracks. I was concerned that the fenders would crack and/or fall off during our next trip. I went out a bought some rubber washers. I already had black screws GD sent me for another issue that were barely larger than the ones used on the skirt. I predrilled new holes in the skirts and placed additional screws with the rubber washers to help prevent cracking. I made sure not to over tighten. We drove about 800 miles and they look the same. No further damage. My cracks were not terribly large, but I had about 5-6. Here’s pics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails B19CCED3-8356-4E2A-AD09-55FFD76E4982.jpg   AEF52C85-B50B-4A43-A8BE-F08037B07903.jpg  
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast