User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks to you guys weighing in on this. We’re new to the group and the information you provide is priceless.
    JDWSKY, I really like the backing you used with the ABS adhesive. I’ve already got the JB Weld and will stick with that but I’m not a fan of the shallow void behind the fender material. Maybe I’m obsessing a bit about this but.. when you’ve got as much invested as we do into these portable homes, keeping them up is rather logical.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want to prevent further stress fractures or breaks here is what I would do.

Get a washer big enough to take it about 1/16th from the edge of the material. Get a spot face tool and drill on the back side until that washer sits flush, then use a color matched washer on the front side. Your fender is now effectively sandwiched in the middle and the washers will take the brunt of the vibrations.

Good luck…
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schupp11 can you email me at [personal email removed - PM poster]
    Quote Originally Posted by schupp11 View Post
    Just fyi. customer service responded to my issue regarding cracked fenders by telling me they would review the problem. I had asked them if this was a known issue. They responded after reviewing that it is not a known issue. I suspected that i was not the only one so did a search here and of course found others with same issue. I understand if they don't want to replace them since i am out of warranty but I am trying to determine if i should replace with factory parts. don't want to spend $170 each and have them do the same thing after 3 years. Have had good experience with them in the past but this just looked like an answer taken directly off of a standard response cheat sheet. Wondering if anyone has had the same issue with replacement fenders. I am leaning toward an aftermarket it they are going to fall apart anyway. My son has a used Montana that is about 10 years old and has one tiny crack just showing up.

Attachment 32152Attachment 32153Attachment 32154

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a note/reminder for everyone. Please don't include your personal email address or phone number in open posts. PM the person you want to communicate with to exchange that type of information.

Thanks,

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for this post--just seeing it. I suspect it must be a common issue.
    The fenders on mine have been cracked up for quite a while.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345