User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Looking at the invoice pdf, it looks fabricated from the 2930RL MSRP list.

The 2930 is the only one with the 4 point leveling system.
    Steve - thanks much for your time on this.....appreciate it as always !

As I suspected and shared in my post #2 about the 2930 being the only 4 point leveling system.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by openrangeowners View Post
    What current brand do you have now? We had an Open Range (from 2010) 399BHS - 40' long with Lippert's first iteration of 4 point (non auto-leveling) landing gear. It worked fine for that camper (was only 10800 dry weight even with 5 slides) - I learned how to manually level 4 point systems - also used it to do maintenance - repack wheel bearings, etc. and eventually wore out the front landing legs - they were very easy to replace and not too expensive.

The ease of servicing the electric systems versus hydraulic systems steered me towards the S-Class series. Love the speed of hydraulic - yes it is a great system, but if it fails it generally requires more effort to repair it, and may leave the system(s) unusable. Having the electric slides (each is independent) and electric landing gear (if a jack fails it is easy to replace it or temporarily remove it and work around it).
    I currently have a Bighorn Traveler 32RS. It has the 6 point hydraulic leveling system. We had a hydraulic failure once due to a loose wire and had to leave our destination the day after after we arrived because we couldn't get our hydraulic slides or landing gear to operate. We also had a 10 foot kayak inside the unit resting on the kitchen island and sofa. We spent the night at the campground and then left. Fortunately some kind neighbors fed us. That was a trip to remember.
    That's what attracted me to the S-class. I'm done with hydraulics. Even though they're faster, I've got time. I'm retired!
    Kim and Mark Lewis
    Lizzy the cat
    2021 Solitude S-class 3540GK-R

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably have the answer to this by now, eh?

But in any case, I'm picking up a new 2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK on the 15th of May. I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. The front two look like stabilizers but the sales person assured me that they are levelers and the lower manual piece of it (that look like levelers) is to get the pads down more quickly. I suppose I'll find out when I go to pick it up and do the walk-thru. I hope he wasn't pulling my leg.

Terry

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure I can see six jacks (barely) in the photos following the link. I think the dealer is confused.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123