User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the best source for downloading books?

I enjoy westerns and have exhausted the online source from our local library. I would prefer a free download but at this point I'm willing to pay a subscription like prime or something else.

Whatchagot?

Thanks Red.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I enjoy westerns and have exhausted the online source from our local library. I would prefer a free download but at this point I'm willing to pay a subscription like prime or something else.

Whatchagot?

Thanks Red.
    Morning! For us, it's an Amazon Kindle Subscription for $10.00/mo. It's a good deal for us. Between the two of us, we read about 12-15 books a month. Add my daughter, and that jumps to almost 25 a month. We would have read out the library (actually, we did, at least ask the books we were interested in) in a year. Plus, with the Kindle app and it phones or tablets, it's much more portable. However, I still prefer actual pages... Just not the expense of that many books a month.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't even have to have the $10/month Kindle Unlimited subscription to take advantage of the huge Kindle library. My wife and I have an Amazon Prime account and have downloaded hundreds of books to our Kindles - many of them "free first reads" for Prime members.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an app called Libby, you can link it to any public library that you are a member of. I've found it's best to register at the Brooklyn public library, its $50/year for non-residents and you can register online. I picked that one because they have a very large selection compared to some other libraries I've tried. Libby does e-books and audio books.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You don't even have to have the $10/month Kindle Unlimited subscription to take advantage of the huge Kindle library. My wife and I have an Amazon Prime account and have downloaded hundreds of books to our Kindles - many of them "free first reads" for Prime members.

Rob
    Very true. We just read way to much to rely on Prime alone.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I too use Libby, but with my home library. It's related to RBDigital and Overdrive apps and websites, Libby is the latest version.
    Rick

2019 Reflection 150 273MK
    2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
    PullRite Superglide

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the kindle app as well and there are a lot of free books. I also use the Overdrive app as well. You can rent from local libraries with that app.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies. We do use Libby for our local library. I never thought about Brooklyn. It would be worth $50 for a ton of books.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I enjoy westerns ... whatchagot?
    We bought into Amazon Prime and the Kindle system a few years ago. I pay for Kindle unlimited. Most the time I can find free books, sometimes I will purchase a book that I am really interested in. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so it took me a little time to get adjusted to reading books on my cell phone. After I learned how to adjust the font and the backlighting I found it was easier on the old eyes to read off the phone than it was to read paper books. Took awhile.

I cut my reading teeth on Zane Gray and Louis L' Amour. I really haven't found any really good westerns since he passed, prejudiced I know. So I am curious what authors you are enjoying in the "Westerns" genre?
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    We bought into Amazon Prime and the Kindle system a few years ago. I pay for Kindle unlimited. Most the time I can find free books, sometimes I will purchase a book that I am really interested in. My eyes aren't what they used to be, so it took me a little time to get adjusted to reading books on my cell phone. After I learned how to adjust the font and the backlighting I found it was easier on the old eyes to read off the phone than it was to read paper books. Took awhile.

I cut my reading teeth on Zane Gray and Louis L' Amour. I really haven't found any really good westerns since he passed, prejudiced I know. So I am curious what authors you are enjoying in the "Westerns" genre?
    I’m with you Dallas. I think I have read everything that Louis L’Amour has ever written, and most of them more than once. Several many times. I also have several Zane Gray books and love the genre. Also interested in additional authors.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast