User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need advice. Our furnace stopped working when the temps dropped into the teens.

Need advice. Our furnace stopped working when the temps dropped into the teens. I changed out the propane tanks and nada. Let some pressure out and I started the stove top for a minute or so to let any air bubbles out. Nada. Restarted the thermostat. Nada. I知 stumped. I have 2 ceramic heaters going and my generator. I can keep the temp in the rv at 60+ and all the cabinets open and I even opened the shower duct area to blow some heat in there (I have an imagine 2150rb). I have a heat lamp near the water source area (hose froze up) and I知 trying to keep my cool. Trying to adapt and overcome but I知 losing hope.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your breaker for the converter. Sometimes when you switch to generator the convertor break will trip and your battery will stop charging. This in turn could cause your furnace to quit working.

Here is a link to a Suburban Furnace Manual, on page 27 is a trouble shooting guide.

It is helpful to have someone outside listening to the furnace while someone inside turns the thermostat to the off position, then turns it back on. Turning to the fully off position resets the safety fail mode it will go into if a component fails.

After checking the power and resetting the thermostat let us know if your furnace is still not working.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Check your breaker for the converter. Sometimes when you switch to generator the convertor break will trip and your battery will stop charging. This in turn could cause your furnace to quit working.

Here is a link to a Suburban Furnace Manual, on page 27 is a trouble shooting guide.

It is helpful to have someone outside listening to the furnace while someone inside turns the thermostat to the off position, then turns it back on. Turning to the fully off position resets the safety fail mode it will go into if a component fails.

After checking the power and resetting the thermostat let us know if your furnace is still not working.
    My converter is shot. There was an accidental reverse polarity caused by a relative trying to be helpful with their shed outlet and forgot to put the surge protector. So after much thinking last night in the bitter cold I set the batteries to charge with a battery starter and with enough power I was able to get the furnace to kick in at 6 AM. The generator lasted long enough to keep the TT with electric heaters. Now I知 switching the charger back and forth between my two 6 volt batteries until my new converter gets here. The icy roads has delayed its arrival 😓. ETA tomorrow evening... can稚 wait.

I got caught in a snowstorm I知 NY and now TX. I hope on my way back to FL it doesn稚 follow me there. Heheh

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocmorales16 View Post
    I hope on my way back to FL it doesn’t follow me there. Heheh
    Circa 1981 I went to pick my bride to be up for a date in Gainesville, FL. She was walking through an inch of snow in sandals with no socks. I asked her why she wasn't wearing shoes. She replied that this was Florida, she didn't own any shoes, just sandals and flip flops.... Hehehe
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750