Thread: ProPride Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ProPride Hitch

Hello All,

New to this forum so apologize if this is not posted in the correct location. I have a ProPride hitch for sale, approximately ~6 months old, purchased new from Sean Woodruff at ProPride Hitch. This hitch had solved all of our issues towing our Grand Design 315RLTS with first, our F-150, then even better with our F-250. With a growing family, the time has come to upgrade to a fifth wheel with additional storage and sleeping accommodations.

ProPride 3P Trailer Sway Control Hitch - 1400lbs tongue model with 2" receiver bar.

Paid $3565 with taxes and shipping. Asking $2500 for this 6 month old hitch.

Please feel free to reach out for any additional information, photos, etc. if interested.

Would prefer to not have to ship. Located in Bakersfield, CA.

-Scott Dorman

(661) 246-9311

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Cow those hitches have gone up in price. I paid $2,300 for mine brand new back in 2015 Unfortunately I couldn't find a buyer for mine when I upgraded to a 5th Wheel. I swallowed hard and scrapped it two years ago. I was sick that I did that but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and in my case it was $0 and I wasn't going to look at the thing in my garage for who knows how long. Good luck and I hope you find a buyer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested but live on the east coast ...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Afrikaners View Post
    I am interested but live on the east coast ...
    Hi Afrikaners, I would prefer to not have to ship, as this hitch weighs a ton! Will let you know if things change on this front.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Holy Cow those hitches have gone up in price. I paid $2,300 for mine brand new back in 2015 Unfortunately I couldn't find a buyer for mine when I upgraded to a 5th Wheel. I swallowed hard and scrapped it two years ago. I was sick that I did that but it's only worth what someone is willing to pay and in my case it was $0 and I wasn't going to look at the thing in my garage for who knows how long. Good luck and I hope you find a buyer!
    You are so right about that. I'm surprised that you could not find a buyer, though every time I pull into the trailer park, I get lots of questions about it, as people are just not that familiar with it. I reached out to Sean, and he did offer to buy it back, which I may end up doing depending on the interest I receive here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottieD82 View Post
    You are so right about that. I'm surprised that you could not find a buyer, though every time I pull into the trailer park, I get lots of questions about it, as people are just not that familiar with it. I reached out to Sean, and he did offer to buy it back, which I may end up doing depending on the interest I receive here.
    Hey all,

Just trolling the thread, I sold my Propride over the summer and just to a note you might not know, when I was getting people interested more than a few hours away I did some digging into shipping options. You can ship large items reasonably through, of all things, Greyhound. It's not speedy, however it way cheaper than UPS/Fedex. I ended up finding a buyer willing to drive, so didn't look to far into the mechanics of getting it done but it's an option. BTW, Sean did offer a buyback but at the time he wasn't offering much , but yes how the market has changed in the past couple years.

To the OP, my buyer wasn't even a GD owner, he just was trolling RV owner sites. You might want to register and post in some of the generic rv sites. I had a Sunset Trail before my GD and those folks over there on their owners forum probably wouldn't give you too much static posting in their classified section. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe TTs only makeup a portion of the rigs made by GD. You might want to post on the Air Stream, Thor, Fleetwood, Forest River, IRV2 or other sites to get better coverage. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MooManChu View Post
    Hey all,

Just trolling the thread, I sold my Propride over the summer and just to a note you might not know, when I was getting people interested more than a few hours away I did some digging into shipping options. You can ship large items reasonably through, of all things, Greyhound. It's not speedy, however it way cheaper than UPS/Fedex. I ended up finding a buyer willing to drive, so didn't look to far into the mechanics of getting it done but it's an option. BTW, Sean did offer a buyback but at the time he wasn't offering much , but yes how the market has changed in the past couple years.

To the OP, my buyer wasn't even a GD owner, he just was trolling RV owner sites. You might want to register and post in some of the generic rv sites. I had a Sunset Trail before my GD and those folks over there on their owners forum probably wouldn't give you too much static posting in their classified section. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I believe TTs only makeup a portion of the rigs made by GD. You might want to post on the Air Stream, Thor, Fleetwood, Forest River, IRV2 or other sites to get better coverage. Just my two cents. Good Luck.

This is great information. Appreciate the insight here. One of the thoughts I had, which I may try first is listing the trailer for sale here (with and without hitch options). Upon talking to my local dealer, who is willing to sale for a pretty fair commission, mentioned they would definitely remove the hitch before putting it on their lot, as most customers are not familiar with ProPride and probably wouldn't give anything extra for it.

As far as the hitch is concerned, once you tow with one, you wouldn't want to pull without one, at least in the case of my 315RLTS (coming from experience and trying a number of hitches including the Blue Ox. May save someone else the headache, and myself, and attempt to sale as a package deal first.

Thanks again!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This item has sold.