Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    I have a similar setup with a 303 with a short bed Silverado and a Pullrite Superglide. Most talk about backing up and having to jacknife into a spot where, yes, you will need a slider. The situation I have been in required a sharp, nearly 90 degree turn into a driveway with quite a dip. Without the Superglide, I would either have run the cap into the cab, or been out in the road unlocking and extending my manual sliding hitch, in the rain, with a line of cars behind that may or may not have had infinite patience. In fact, when I come and go camping from my home, I have to make a U-turn in the culdesac at the end of my street. All of that said, I have never had to worry about any trailer/truck contact with Superglide, and a little wiping of the rails with a rag and then a spray of WD40 each trip is all that is needed. I have adjusted the center point bolt twice in 3 years. The capture plate has been removed twice for service and not needed any tightening in between. It is simply piece of mind and no hassles whatsoever. In our travels, we have spoken with many who have the Superglide and no one has been disappointed or would consider anything else. If you have a short bed, you need it, or one of the alternatives, or a lot of patience, or a lot of money to fix stuff...it only takes once.
    I agree with you totally. Watch the youtube "greasing the turning point pin box RV DIY. I don`t have the time, effort or youthfulness to take the pin box down and do that annually. Give me the slider!
    2021 F250 XLT CCSB 6.2, 4.30, Iconic Silver, 2021 GD REFLECTION 295RL. PULLRITE SUPERGL. 2914
    2017 F250 Lariat CCSB 6.2 3.73, Caribou , 2013 COACHMEN FREEDOM EXPRESS 281RLDS
    2008 F150 XLT CCSB 5.4 3.55 Blue, 2008 STARCRAFT TT

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same set up as you. GD and others had differing thoughts on if a slider was necessary. I installed the B&W Patriot 18K Slider on rails. I have only used it twice in 4 years. But I am constantly checking the clearance when backing. It's a worry, and there have been times I should have used the slider just for piece of mind.

E Murphy
    2017 337
    2016 Silverado Duramax CC

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emurphy View Post
    I have the same set up as you. GD and others had differing thoughts on if a slider was necessary. I installed the B&W Patriot 18K Slider on rails. I have only used it twice in 4 years. But I am constantly checking the clearance when backing. It's a worry, and there have been times I should have used the slider just for piece of mind.

E Murphy
    2017 337
    2016 Silverado Duramax CC

That’s why an auto slider is sooo much better, I had a manual one before and forgot to pull the pin ONE time, alas it was one time too many!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a slider. This is the second truck/5th wheel with one. I wouldn't be without it. Just backup and stop working about whether you're at 70, 80 or 90 degrees - focus on where you are backing into, not how close the 5th wheel is to the cab. I think it is handiest when having to make u-turns which, unfortunately, I have to do too often.

I can't even get into my driveway without it.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I’m confused, the title of your post is “Do I need a slider hitch” and then in the body of your post you state “I do not want a slider”. Sounds like you’ve answered your own question.

The post is not confusing to me at all, in-fact it’s quite clear. The poster is looking for input. The feedback given would help him make an informed decision.
    Oh I see your from Alberta...

Mulligan

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    The post is not confusing to me at all, in-fact it’s quite clear. The poster is looking for input. The feedback given would help him make an informed decision.
    Oh I see your from Alberta...

Mulligan
    I would comment but that would drag me down to your level...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungy View Post
    I would comment but that would drag me down to your level...
    Be kind, be safe,be careful, wear a mask,keep your distance.

Kind Regards

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a slider in 2014
    2 different silverodos
    Only used it once and then didn't need
    Would not buy another
    Just be careful.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapley View Post
    Hi all, First post concerning the 2021 337RLS we purchased today. I am looking for a clear answer on the hitch required to tow this trailer with a Chevy Silverado with a 6 foot 6 inch bed. I do not want a slider or a Turning Point hitch if I can avoid it. Two answers from the dealer, one from GD. Now I want an answer from someone who has this setup. I lean toward the BW Patriot 18K rail mounted hitch.
    Thanks, Tapley
    Hello,
    We towed a Reflection 337 with a short box Ford (6’8” box) and a fixed hitch. We made out fine. We went to a GMC short box (6’6”) box and I went to the PullRite SuperGlide and was very happy I did. Not having to worry about the nose of the camper hitting the truck was nice when getting in and out of tight camp sites.
    Bret King
    2021 GMC 3500 Denali HD 4x4 crew cab, DRW, 6.6L Duramax/10 speed Allison
    2020 Solitude 310-GK (#19), Platinum paint scheme, B&W Companion 25K hitch
    Maine

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapley View Post
    Hi all, First post concerning the 2021 337RLS we purchased today. I am looking for a clear answer on the hitch required to tow this trailer with a Chevy Silverado with a 6 foot 6 inch bed. I do not want a slider or a Turning Point hitch if I can avoid it. Two answers from the dealer, one from GD. Now I want an answer from someone who has this setup. I lean toward the BW Patriot 18K rail mounted hitch.
    Thanks, Tapley
    Get the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch and you will be Happy as Hell and never want to use a traditional 5th Wheel Hitch again! TRUST ME!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast