Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapley View Post
    Hi all, First post concerning the 2021 337RLS we purchased today. I am looking for a clear answer on the hitch required to tow this trailer with a Chevy Silverado with a 6 foot 6 inch bed. I do not want a slider or a Turning Point hitch if I can avoid it. Two answers from the dealer, one from GD. Now I want an answer from someone who has this setup. I lean toward the BW Patriot 18K rail mounted hitch.
    Thanks, Tapley
    I would say yes. I have a 2016 Silverado SB. I have a Curt 20k slider on rails. There are times when I think I don’t really need it but the times you get into the tight spots you are very glad you have it. It just a little piece of mind that you are not going to crush your truck or trailer.
    I don’t recommend the Curt do to the hassle of getting to the bar to make the slide work. I have to get in the box to pull the lever. I would get the B&W if I ever get a new hitch.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need a slider...get the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch and your troubles are over!! PERIOD!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi. My brother bought a 2018 Sierra 4WD Diesel to pull the Cedar Creek Hathaway he bought near the same time. I talked him into a B&W hitch (which I think is the best), but he insisted he needed the slider version of the Companion hitch. When he started taking his 5er places he used the slider a couple of times just because he thought he should. Now, after realizing that he almost NEVER needed it in the first place he hasn't slid it back in the last couple of Years of pulling it 4-6 times per year. His B&W Companion Slider is for sale...!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this exact setup and trailer. 2020 337rls, I am towing with a short bed Ram 6'4" bed. The Patriot 18 K hitch is a beast, but I personally would tow with anything less. It is solid no chucking, no rattling. I use the slider from time to time when backing in tight spots. Just be aware when sliding the hitch to the rear position it may contact your tailgate. I wire mine open about 6 inches and that gives me the clearance I need.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Canadian Bob, eh?

Hi all, First post concerning the 2021 337RLS we purchased today. I am looking for a clear answer on the hitch required to tow this trailer with a Chevy Silverado with a 6 foot 6 inch bed. I do not want a slider or a Turning Point hitch if I can avoid it. Two answers from the dealer, one from GD. Now I want an answer from someone who has this setup. I lean toward the BW Patriot 18K rail mounted hitch.
    Thanks, Tapley
    I have a 2018 - Reflection 303 RLS, and I tow it with a 21k Demco auto slider fifth wheel hitch in my 2015 GMC Sierra Denali with a 6'6" box, and wouldn't go without the slider as it is awesome, especially when you factor in the restricted turning radius that Silverado and GMC come with compared to the Dodge Rams. The key is not to accelerate hard off the line, as this will create a clunk when the slider coupled to the pin on the trailer is pulled back hard. If you accelerate easy, you won't even notice the slider and the advantage in cornering is significant, as the front of the fifth wheel comes no where close to the truck cab. This feature will also assist you greatly when backing into tight campsites. Good luck.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a roll-up truck bed cover on our 2017 F350 with the Anderson Ultimate. We got turned close to probably 80 degrees and the hitch started damaging the rails of the bed cover. You've got to watch everything when getting into or out of a tight space. It can be stressful. I don't know if a sliding hitch would reduce that stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you do

Thanks, Tapley
    I've been pulling 5th wheels with short beds for many years, and have gone through two back windows in the process. Yes, you can gingerly work your way around while keeping an eye on cab clearance, so those who say they've run short beds without problems are telling the truth. Just keep in mind though that it takes only one stressful moment (gas stations are the worst) to forget about the cab clearance issue and boom! You have a backseat full of glass and a very noisy ride home. While manual sliders can help correct that, if you get wazzed up in a tight spot and forget you're in the same boat.

I now use a Pullrite auto slider and the peace of mind alone is worth the cost and the weight. Now I don't have to even think about it.
    2020 303RLS MorRyde 4000
    2021 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW 4x4
    14,000 GVW Auto Leveling
    B&W Companion3600

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    The capture plate has been removed twice for service and not needed any tightening in between.
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm curious what kind if service had to be done to the capture plate. I have a Pullrite Superglide 2315 on my Ram, and didn't see anything in my documentation about capture plate service.

Can you kindly enlighten me?

TIA!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Quote Originally Posted by cstratton73 View Post
    Get the Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch and you will be Happy as Hell and never want to use a traditional 5th Wheel Hitch again! TRUST ME!
    Got to agree with this observation. I run an Andersen Ultimate Fifth Wheel. Realized it was sitting a might low when I scraped my Genny frame that was sitting in the bed. With the AUH, I was able to raise the connection ball and eliminate that. Also, being able to pull the entire hitch in 10 minute, I have a full bed whenever I need it!
    Mark and Amy Williams East Tennessee (Go VOLS), Retired and rollin'
    GD 303RLS (2020), Ford F250 King Ranch (2018), Brussel Sprout (fur baby co-pilot), Champion Inverter Hybrid Generator,

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck.N View Post
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but I'm curious what kind if service had to be done to the capture plate. I have a Pullrite Superglide 2315 on my Ram, and didn't see anything in my documentation about capture plate service.

Can you kindly enlighten me?

TIA!
    Yes sir. I have only removed my capture plate so that the dealer could move my trailer around with the fork lift. The capture plate has a wedge on it that would prevent the regular pivoting of a normal fifth plate on the hitch head. I pull it when I take it in and put it back on when I pick up. I would not call it maintenance of the capture plate itself. The capture plate just needs to be tight and the times I have checked the bolts to the wedge, they have been tight. The capture plate does not turn on the fifth head, it only slides up to lock in. I do spray WD40 on the fifth head and wedge since I when I hook up, I let the capture plate ride up the fifth plate. I check the tightness of the capture plate bolt mostly every trip...but it's been tight every time. If you have no reason to remove it, just check that it is not loose on the hitch and the wedge is tight and you should be golden.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast