Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got the horse, where's the cart???

Hello, comrades in GD! Thrilled to finally join you all in this grand adventure of Grand Design. Not quite there yet but making progress! I am a retired secondary science teacher who got brave last November and bought a 2020 Ford F150 3.5 ecoboost in quite the smashing color. My cart is going to be a 2500RL IF I can figure out all the towing parameters. My dream is to full time with my dog, my kayak and my fishing poles; however, being one of those security conscious, analysis paralysis overthinkers, I am finding it difficult to pry my iron fingernails off my sticks n bricks long enough to go find one of these suddenly scarce 2500RL's. I have yet to even see one in person but I know this is the floorplan for me. I am new to owning my own TT but we had a Holiday Rambler when I was a kid and I have traveled quite a bit with friends in a Class A. I am looking forward to interacting with you all experts, semi-experts and just regular traveling folk. Oh the joy of LEARNING!!!
    Velocity BLOOO 2020 4x4 Ford F150 3.5 ecoboost 3.55 axle ratio
    2500RL in the (near) FUTURE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to group. That is a very attractive floor plan and also one of my favorite along with 22mle (ours) and 2600rb.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a site to help you figure your towing parameters. http://changingears.com/rv-sec-calc-...eight-tt.shtml
    Keep in mind that the GD advertised UVW is without lp tanks and battery. Most Imagine and Imagine XLS owners are averaging a tongue weight of 12.5% to 13%. These numbers should help you. I'm sure other 2500rl will chime in with more real world numbers.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love the 2021 2500rl. Light and airy with all the windows. Hard to beleive it’s only 29’8” so it fits in almost all state parks and national parks . Great bathroom.

We pull it with a 2500 Ram with a payload capacity of 3300 lbs. I’m not sure what your 1500 payload capacity is as it depends on options ( the more the less) but I have to think you will be at the upper limits of the payload capacity.
    Definitely will need a good wd hitch . We use a Blue Ox pro. Check out your payload capacity. Figure on 1200 from the trailer on the hitch but it depends on how much extras you take in the TV and Trailer.

Good luck.

BTW it was a 16 week wait as they are very popular.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good morning, I joined the forum about 6 months ago lots of great info here. Your retirement and travels plans sound fantastic. My wife and I travel west last year (we’re from GA) gone for 21 days and loved every minute. The sad part is we jumped from hotel to hotel and we soon discovered this is not the way to travel. We’ve been studying RV l’s even before our west bound trip and we’ve selected our floor plan and like you it will be the 2500RL. And we’ve been to the dealer 3 times studying how well live in the 2500 and we think it will suit us just fine. We won’t full time, but we’ll make several extended trips each year.

We were told by our dealer it’s about a 4 to 6 week wait. They had two in stock but didn’t have the rear seating that we wanted. We hope to order ours within the next month. We really like the new builds with the modified entertainment center and expanded kitchen counter top (wife is adamant about lots of counter).

Good luck with you search for the 2500RL and your upcoming adventures.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, YNot, for the link! I found an interactive worksheet from a you tube vid that seems to say I will have about 364 lb of payload leftover and 3306 lb of Rv weight available. I should post this info on a thread asking for specific advice on the towing instead of burdening here. Really don’t want to have to buy a bigger truck already! I also noticed that GD’s claimed tongue weight is only 581 lb; I don’t understand why they give such an OFF number. From my reading, it seems it’s almost 1000 lb if not over that…

Rv Sailor – my payload is 1821 and I don’t plan to put much in my truck except a rack for my kayak and my dog. Of course, that will probably change… Oh hey, I have a great favor to ask you! Could you send me a photo of your 2500 stickers? I have yet to find any dealership that has A) a 2500 on their lot or B) any willingness to take the time. I’d greatly appreciate it!

Dennis, is that Carrollton TX you’re from? I grew up in Arlington and am seriously considering driving down to either Buda Crestview Rv or ExploreUSA in Seguin to see what, if any, 2500’s they have on their lot. If I may ask, from what dealership did you order?

Thank you all for your encouraging comments!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, no it’s Carrollton Ga. The dealer that has a 2500RL in stock as of last weekend (which they had both the new build and the old design with the full entertainment center.

Dealer was
    Campers Unlimited
    We’ve been working with Will
    [email protected]
    +1 (256) 344-2084
    They are located in Gadsden Alabama.
    And they will deliver if needed.
    F150 short bed
    Max tow package 20 inch tires
    36 gallon fuel tank 1600 payload
    TT 2500 RL (picked up June 25th 2021)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis, thank you for your referral. If I can't find a good dealer closer to my half of the country , I will definitely give Will a try. And about now you should be thankful it's NOT Carrollton TX!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will is truly a very nice salesman absolutely zero pressure he there to educate and he told us yesterday they have people come as far as Oregon. Yesterday they have 1-2500 previous build they sold the new build. We submitted an offer for a custom build yesterday (slide topper and theater seating rather than sleeper sofa) we should hear back by Wednesday if the offer is accepted or a counter.

Good luck with your search and we’re looking forward later this year to visiting your sate.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1 View Post
    Will is truly a very nice salesman absolutely zero pressure he there to educate and he told us yesterday they have people come as far as Oregon. Yesterday they have 1-2500 previous build they sold the new build. We submitted an offer for a custom build yesterday (slide topper and theater seating rather than sleeper sofa) we should hear back by Wednesday if the offer is accepted or a counter.

Good luck with your search and we’re looking forward later this year to visiting your sate.
    Will the factory do the slide topper. We were told no, had to be done at the dealer
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast