Hi everyone. My wife and I have been Grand Design owners, Imagine 2150RB, for about three years now. We really like the quality, service, and are seriously considering making the transition to a much larger camper as we near retirement in about 3 years. We really like the floor plan of the Solitude 390rk, although haven't walked through one yet; we hope to do that soon. I have two questions.

1) I'm a bit nervous about making the transition from a TT that is just under 28 feet to a 5th wheel that is just over 41 feet. Those of you that made the jump from a relatively small TT to a large 5th wheel, how did you go about doing it. It's not like taking a test drive with a class A or C when you can get it on the road and decide if you can/can't handle it. I'm looking at investing in a larger TV and camper, which is quite an investment to make without knowing for sure that I'm ready for the jump.

2) now for my second question. After doing my research, I believe I'll need a DRW for a trailer this size. I was at a sport show this past weekend. There were no Grand Design's there but I did see an Alliance Paradigm that was close to size/weight so I had a lengthly conversation with the sales person about the appropriate TV for the Paradigm. He was adamant that a DRW TV wasn't needed and specifically said that DRW's are hard on campers because the ride is so stiff, there is no forgiveness in the suspension, and that campers will start to develop stress fractures/cracks in some key areas as a result. I asked if this was specific to the Paradigm and he said no, any brand will have that issue. Those of you that have larger campers and DRW TV's have you experienced damage to your camper as a result of having a DRW TV?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

FWIW my wife is very impressed with the Paradigm, the storage space, design/colors, no carpet not to mention a few other things she saw. I reminded her that it's only the second year they've made campers so it's difficult to tell how they'll hold up.