User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Site Sponsor J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Portable RV Waste Tank - What Size?

    Looking to buy a Camco Rhino Heavy Duty 28 or 36 Gallon Portable RV Waste Holding Tank.

    Any size recommendations? Or competitors I should consider looking at?

    I figured a bigger one would be less trips to the dump station but perhaps I may be over looking something; purchase is for gray water removal.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  2. #2
    Site Sponsor Keebler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    720
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    It is 18 gallons. The smaller size does mean more trips. Also makes it easier to maneuver and store. I store mine in the front compartment. Also, I like having 4 wheels.

    I've been doing more trips to state parks that, in this area, do not have full hook-ups; so, it has been a good addition for me.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS; Sailun LR-G tires

  3. #3
    Seasoned Camper Chewwi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    273
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remember how heavy water is; over 8 lbs per gal. 28 gals is well over 200 lbs to move. Just consider how you will handle it.

  4. #4
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,214
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 28 gallon. Works great. Tows awesome
    We use it for black and gray and has served us well

    Easy to move around when full


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  5. #5
    Site Sponsor J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    Just remember how heavy water is; over 8 lbs per gal. 28 gals is well over 200 lbs to move. Just consider how you will handle it.
    Figured the wheel barrow action would alleviate much of the weight issue. Would assume so.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  6. #6
    Site Sponsor J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    I have the 28 gallon. Works great. Tows awesome
    We use it for black and gray and has served us well

    Easy to move around when full


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Do you think the 28 gallon is an ideal maximum size in regards to weight and moving it around? The 36 gallon would be great but the extra weight in comparison is a consideration.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  7. #7
    Site Sponsor NB Canada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Woodstock
    Posts
    1,214
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Portable RV Waste Tank - What Size?

    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Do you think the 28 gallon is an ideal maximum size in regards to weight and moving it around? The 36 gallon would be great but the extra weight in comparison is a consideration.
    I purchased the 28 because my previous trailer had 28 gallon tanks

    It is big enough for me. I wouldn’t want the 36. It is bigger and cost more

    It is heavy when full but rolls okay.

    I know this may sound weird but I actually enjoy trucking it back and forth. Just something different while camping


    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

  8. #8
    Seasoned Camper OurNewEra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    410
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Looking to buy a Camco Rhino Heavy Duty 28 or 36 Gallon Portable RV Waste Holding Tank.

    Any size recommendations? Or competitors I should consider looking at?

    I figured a bigger one would be less trips to the dump station but perhaps I may be over looking something; purchase is for gray water removal.
    I have the Camco 36 gallon. Purchased on black Friday at a good price. It is a pretty big one but that doesn't mean you have to fill it up. I have filled it up and I was able to move it to the back of the truck for transport just fine.

    I have 2 grey and 1 black so the larger size does mean fewer trips.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

  9. #9
    Site Sponsor J Maguire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    255
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I have the Camco 36 gallon. Purchased on black Friday at a good price. It is a pretty big one but that doesn't mean you have to fill it up. I have filled it up and I was able to move it to the back of the truck for transport just fine.

    I have 2 grey and 1 black so the larger size does mean fewer trips.
    Good to know it's not too heavy, my girls like to use water; lots of grey water to be captured - two grey tanks as well.
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

  10. #10
    Site Sponsor mntbikejack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    West Grove, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    55
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the 28 gallon and it is heavy enough. I wouldn't want anything bigger. I have a 50 gallon black & two 50 gallon grey tanks. With me and my wife in it full time I empty them once a week & it only takes me three trips to the dump station most weeks. Four trips max occasionally if we had company. It also fits nicely in the front compartment.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.