User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It hooks to the receiver hitch. Just drop over ball & drive.
    2019 Ford F-350 Limited
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J Maguire View Post
    Looking to buy a Camco Rhino Heavy Duty 28 or 36 Gallon Portable RV Waste Holding Tank.

Any size recommendations? Or competitors I should consider looking at?

I figured a bigger one would be less trips to the dump station but perhaps I may be over looking something; purchase is for gray water removal.
    I have the 36 Camco. The 36 is also available with front wheels now. I bought the retrofit wheel and handle kit for mine. Now it tows like a wagon. I have a bracket on the backrack of my bicycle and just pull mine to the dump station with the bike. Just watch those downhills. 😉 You'll gain some speed with the extra weight behind ya.
    Terry, Patty, Sophie (Great Pyrenees) and Tessa (German Shep/Pyr Mix)
    2020 Reflection 297RSTS
    2021 F-350 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW 6.75' bed /6.7L Diesel/3.55 electronic locking axle

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it's full can you move it around on two wheels fairly easily? Much like a wheelbarrow? Wouldn't mind walking it to the dumpstation when possible. Is that possible? Or too cumbersome when nearly full?
    For me that would be a NO. When it has contents it does not handle like a wheel barrow. The campground we first used it at the dump station was about 1/2 mile trip up a very steep hill. If you prefer to pull the tote t0 dump yourself then you should look for a 4 wheeled model. The Camco 36-gallon is meant to be towed.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with the 28 gallon version; will be using it in several weeks, so I'll drop another post after doing so. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    2021 GD Reflection (150) 5th Wheel 268BH
    2019 F250 Gas 6.2L V8 FX4 Crew Cab
    PullRite 2100 20K Hitch w/ LOCKED OUT Turning Point
    2x Honda EU2200i Generators & 1UP Bike Rack & Roll-N-Lock Bed Cover
    Previous Setup:
    2017 Outdoors RV 23BHS
    2017 F150 Sport 3.5L V6 EcoBoost

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know it's not too heavy, my girls like to use water; lots of grey water to be captured - two grey tanks as well.
    That is so my problem. I have to empty the shower tank daily! When it is just me and the boy, we go much longer. The girls can't seem to take efficient showers.

I too have the 36 gallon. I tow it behind my TV to the dump. I kept the box. I use the outside shower to clean it, put it back in the box, and put it inside the door. Others have said to hang it from the ladder. I don't trust it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 28 gal tank. Retired delivery driver and have a LOT of miles with a two wheeler. LOL. I still have trouble balancing a full tank , has a very narrow sweet spot. Easier just to tow behind the truck.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got the 36. It's heavy when full but not so bad you can't hook it to the ball on your truck. I've not had any issues dragging it 25' through grass to get to mine

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Camco 36 Gal. I am happy with it and it seems to be built well enough for what it's used for. I suspect there are several brands out there that are very good as well.

I never fill it all the way because the only way to know is when it overflows. It's been about 3/4 full and it does get heavy, really heavy. Heavy enough that I always orient the tank to where I can back up the truck very close. Since I never seem to be anywhere close to the dump station, I always hook it on the ball and pull to the dump. DW sits on the tailgate and makes sure nothing goes wrong when pulling.

A portable tank does a job that no one likes. If I can finish the job clean, with no spills, I'm happy. One nice thing about the Camco, is the flush connection to rinse it out.

Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured the wheel barrow action would alleviate much of the weight issue. Would assume so.
    Yes, but if it is completely full the best you can do is still half of the weight, but you can deduct what is 'behind' the wheels...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a 40 gallon "blue thing" for more than 20 years (summer vacations only) I built a small dolly from some angle iron that has two lawn mower wheels in the back and a single castering wheel in the front. I built a T-handle out of 1/2 inch pipe that threads into the fitting welded near the caster. The hitch tow hook for the tank fits nicely over the ball I mounted on top. Using bungees to hold a short dump hose we take the dog and walk to the dump station (within a reasonable distance) and make an event out of it including exercise. Note: People are watching anyway, but the empty "blue thing" makes 10 time more noise towing it home than it does taking to the station...!
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast