User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone Go From Super Duty to GMC HD?

I have always owned Ford trucks since I purchased my first new vehicle, a 1993 Ranger. I've also owned a number of Ford cars/SUVs. I have shirts and hats emblazoned with the blue oval. I assumed that I would always drive Ford trucks. A few months ago, I sold my Mustang GT and bought a C8 Corvette. Maybe that opened the flood gates. In celebration of my retirement in September and our intention to spend a lot more time on the road, I'm considering upgrading my trailer (Solitude 378 MB or Brinkley Z 3610 are the front runners) and moving to a DRW truck. Last week there were two lightly used F 450s (only looking at Platinum or Limited) for sale in San Diego County. Both were priced well above their original MSRP and both are now sold. High trim level DRW F 350s are also close to non existent within a 100 mile radius. I found one in Orange County, only priced $5K over MSRP. Last weekend, I test drove a GMC DRW 3500 Denali Ultimate. It is a beautiful truck and loaded with every feature GM offers. The advertised price is MSRP and I sensed there may be room for minimal negotiation. It is still available. Has anyone made this jump?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1000002913.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	49910

Name:	1000002912.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	49911
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like you, I started with Ford and thought I would always drive one. Until I got a really bad one. Then I looked at GMC and Dodge. Really the main reason I went to Dodge was just the Cummins engine. You won't have any regrets. Any new truck is a good truck. All three are pretty good rigs.IMO.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went the opposite direction - GMC/Duramax to Ford/PowerStroke. Both engines are good - though I felt better about the Duramax because of the Ford's issues with the CP4 fuel pump (not as common as social media would have you think). The exhaust brake on the Duramax was also switchable separate from the tow/haul mode where with my Ford, it's tied with the tow/haul mode (all this may have changed with the new 10-speed transmissions on both vehicles). The build and interior qualities are/were similar. Based on this experience I have no brand loyalty. My change was driven by the fact that I had a chance to move to a dual rear wheel truck from a SRW with little or no cash outlay. If I were to go truck shopping again (which isn't going to happen because of my age and the fact that my Ford only has 67K miles on it), I would look at both.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffD68 View Post
    I have always owned Ford trucks since I purchased my first new vehicle, a 1993 Ranger. I've also owned a number of Ford cars/SUVs. I have shirts and hats emblazoned with the blue oval. I assumed that I would always drive Ford trucks. A few months ago, I sold my Mustang GT and bought a C8 Corvette. Maybe that opened the flood gates. In celebration of my retirement in September and our intention to spend a lot more time on the road, I'm considering upgrading my trailer (Solitude 378 MB or Brinkley Z 3610 are the front runners) and moving to a DRW truck. Last week there were two lightly used F 450s (only looking at Platinum or Limited) for sale in San Diego County. Both were priced well above their original MSRP and both are now sold. High trim level DRW F 350s are also close to non existent within a 100 mile radius. I found one in Orange County, only priced $5K over MSRP. Last weekend, I test drove a GMC DRW 3500 Denali Ultimate. It is a beautiful truck and loaded with every feature GM offers. The advertised price is MSRP and I sensed there may be room for minimal negotiation. It is still available. Has anyone made this jump?

My Dad did, though to be fair there was a Ram in between. His Ford loyalty took a beating with the 6.0 issues and the way Ford handled it.

He wasn't thinking about a new truck, but he went with me to pick up mine and within a couple of weeks he bought one. A twin to that one BTW. Its a nice color.

Maybe these will help with your negotiations:

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl...-IL/5734652550
    https://www.rivardbuickgmc.com/Vehic...-FL/5755839440
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post
    My Dad did, though to be fair there was a Ram in between. His Ford loyalty took a beating with the 6.0 issues and the way Ford handled it.

He wasn't thinking about a new truck, but he went with me to pick up mine and within a couple of weeks he bought one. A twin to that one BTW. Its a nice color.

Maybe these will help with your negotiations:

https://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl...-IL/5734652550
    https://www.rivardbuickgmc.com/Vehic...-FL/5755839440
    Thanks for the links, but I'm not sure if a dealer in SoCal is going to care about pricing in Florida. This is a different world. If I decide to go down this road, I will definitely take a shot at negotiating. The most eye opening aspect of the truck in Florida is just how amazing this particular truck looks in black! I swore that I would never own another black vehicle (I only tried it once), but I might be wavering.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the links, but I'm not sure if a dealer in SoCal is going to care about pricing in Florida. This is a different world. If I decide to go down this road, I will definitely take a shot at negotiating. The most eye opening aspect of the truck in Florida is just how amazing this particular truck looks in black! I swore that I would never own another black vehicle (I only tried it once), but I might be wavering.
    It's just personal opinion, but having lived in the south for 26 years, I think anyone who buys a black vehicle in the Sun Belt - especially Florida - needs to find a good therapist.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but I'll travel for the right price. I ordered mine from Laura back in March. Its about 6 hours or so away (much closer than you though). At that time everyone around me was MSRP+ Some excessively so (10K plus) and they couldn't/wouldn't tell me their allocation situation. Laura was 2500 under and they gave me a crazy good trade number on my '17 (10K +/- more than anyone else). So much so that I thought for sure the games were gonna start when I got there to close the deal. But they gave me no hassles.

More and more I see under MSRP advertised numbers around here. There really isn't a supply problem anymore (at least with GM) Mine only took 3 months and that was very early on.

My last black car was my last toy car (WS6 firebird). It was fine for that since it sat under a cover in the garage. No way on an everyday car unless I had my own personal care wash guy on call. I have redwood metallic now and its bad enough. Black is fantastic when clean but to hard to keep it that way. YMMV
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    It's just personal opinion, but having lived in the south for 26 years, I think anyone who buys a black vehicle in the Sun Belt - especially Florida - needs to find a good therapist.

Rob
    Like fried eggs on concrete in FL, black trucks (in FL) make it even easier to fry an egg on the hood. So at least you wont go hungry while waiting for an open couch!
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably will not get a long bed dually into a garage. I don't mind washing my LONG white one, but not every other day.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or not.

Name:	1000002923.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	49945

Today I brought home a new to me 2022 Ford F450 Platinum, 6500 miles, Carbonized Grey. While feeling very similar to my 2019 F 250, there are really a ton of upgrades; more powerful Power Stroke, 10 speed transmission, Sync 4 with the 12" screen. The cameras are far superior and for some reason, the B & O sound system sounds much better. I couldn't be more pleased.

I paid slightly under the original MSRP. Most of the limited listings I have seen within a 300 mile radius have been well over MSRP. They gave me $60K for my trade. In November of 2018, I paid $76K for my $81K MSRP extremely loaded truck. Five years, 45,000 miles, $16K in depreciation. I am completely satisfied with the deal.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast