User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cooper AT3 LTX

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper AT3 LTX

My truck came with Goodyear Trailrunners. They’re not quite at the bars, but pretty worn. Also, they’ve always been a bit squirmy towing even at 80psi towing my previous and current FW. Load rating is 126 and I’m considering same size/load rating Cooper AT3 LTX. I know Michelin is the go to for many, but past couple trucks had the Michelin AT’s and I hated the ride. When towing or empty regardless of pressure, I had to brace for impact before any anomaly on the road. For those towing with these Coopers, how do you like them from a stability stand point and ride comfort. I run 60/80 towing and 60/65 empty. The Goodyear’s ride is fantastic, but maybe that’s just the trade off since they lack stability. This is on a 22’ Chevy Dmax SRW. know this is subjective, but curious to hear some opinions. I’ve scoured the web and just looking for some more specific towing related examples vs someone who has these on a Tacoma, Jeep, etc.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put a set of six on my Dually in July/Aug timeframe of 2021 before our trip out west. That trip was over 5000 miles long and not really any wet weather or snow or anything off road....just towing my 20K lb Momentum and then using the truck to drive to places that we wanted to visit. I don't drive the truck much, as I'm retired, so probably no more than about 8000 miles on them now, but I have zero complaints about them. They are certainly quiet enough on the road, yet aggressive enough I thing to be able to handle some mud/sand/etc. Like I said, not a great deal of miles on them, but based on what I've experienced, I'd certainly buy them again if I needed tires for the Dually. I run the pressures that are listed on the door post....towing or not. 75psi in the front and 65psi in the rears. Hope this helps
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny. Your previous posts came up in my research when you were planning on new tires. Good to hear you’ve had no major complaints. Thank you.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had them on several trucks, and really like them. They are a great towing tire, and are marketed for heavy towing. I think they have been the best for towing that I have used, but the other side of that is, although not bad, they are a little stiffer due to that. They do better than I thought they would off-road in mud, and good traction in the rain. They are quiet for the tread they have, and I get about 45 - 50K miles out of them, less then the 60K mile warranty, but I have never had a tire go the full warranty when over half its life is towing heavy. As soon as the OEM tires on my current truck needs replacing, it will be the Coopers.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the Coopers installed today. Pretty happy with them so far. Did about 20 miles of highway and rough areas. Ride is comparable to my previous tires. Maybe a hair more firm. Noise is also the same. Which was minimal. Hopefully I’ll get my trailer back from the dealer soon and I can see about the towing. Already I can visibly see the sidewalls are a bit more stiff as there’s less bulge at the same pressure unloaded. Had to make sure they were the same size as they looked more narrow due to that.
    2024 310GK
    2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW, B&W companion

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced a set of Firestone Transforce AT's on my previous Ram with the aforementioned Coopers a few years ago. While I did not consider any "go to" or "zero" anything (and also ignored Faecesbook and the like), I discussed the potential new replacement tires with the guy who operates a nearby tire shop. His primary line is Firestone, but he spoke very well of the Cooper line. That, along with my past experience with Cooper tires, made the decision easy. When I traded the truck three years later, those tires were still in reasonably good condition. Whether towing or not, they served me well. Who knows... maybe in the past couple of years they have (like many tires) even improved a bit.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced my TransForce AT's on my 18' - Ram 2500 with Copper AT3's at 25,000 miles.
    The ride was much better and traction in New England snow was great.
    Putting 35,000 miles on them, they are close to the wear bars, so maybe at the end of the summer, I'll replace them.
    They felt very solid towing, but I wasn't too impressed with wear for a 60,000 mile tire.
    They weren't that noisy for an aggressive tread, but I did lose 1 mpg whether towing or not since switching.
    That amounts to roughly $1200 more in gas for 35,000 miles.
    2021 Momentum 25G - 2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Gas - 2009 Honda VTX 1300T
    Jack of all trades and master of one :)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my first tow with the ATX3's. They're great towing. Ride was just right. No impacts from road imperfections, just bumps. Still had a little squirm, but I'd attribute that to direct crosswinds gusting to 30/35 mph. I'll be happy if I can get 30k miles out of them.
    2024 310GK
    2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW, B&W companion

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be getting the Cooper when my tires wear out, but I'm going to have to do a comparison because I have been getting the Discovery A/TIII's.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tires I'm taking about are Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT.
    I was just too lazy to type it all out.
    I just had the tires rotated. I guess my calibrated eye is off The tech says I have 7/32 tread left. It's a little bit less than half. He said if I drive the same way, I should get another 15-20k before the wear marks. So, I guess mileage wise, better than I expected. Although I don't think I would wait till they're that low.
    @Spartacus - is Discovery a mis-spell or different brand of tire?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast