User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WeirdAl View Post
    MY ADVICE (from a comedian/Polka aficionado) is to try and not become a member of the two truck club. Maybe someday we will be allowed to visit the Great White North again for some poutine. Have a good one!
    We're eating poutine right now!!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV/Truck newbies here and need some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewwi View Post
    I could point out the multiple weaknesses in your argument, point by point, but that would likely just turn into mockery. I’m comfortable with having my RV’s tongue weight and tow vehicle’s weights within all limits. No sway and no disaster.

Clearly you are comfortable being tongue heavy even it it means exceeding other applicable limits.
    There are no “weaknesses” in my comment in regards to SWAY

Go ahead
    And btw on edit. I am not over weight anywhere. Unsure why you are making that statement

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-05-2021 at 10:43 AM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    There are no “weaknesses” in my comment in regards to SWAY

Go ahead
    And btw on edit. I am not over weight anywhere. Unsure why you are making that statement

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    As to the weaknesses in your previous statements regarding never lightening tounge weight, others can judge for themselves.

The statement regarding being overweight came from your own words and I quote, “I would rather “overload” the suggested payload of a vehicle before I would attempt to lighten a tongue.”

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As to the weaknesses in your previous statements regarding never lightening tounge weight, others can judge for themselves.

The statement regarding being overweight came from your own words and I quote, “I would rather “overload” the suggested payload of a vehicle before I would attempt to lighten a tongue.”
    Yes if given those only two choices I would not lower the TW to accommodate a recommended payload number. I would choose to go over payload and maintain a safe TW

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes if given those only two choices I would not lower the TW to accommodate a recommended payload number. I would choose to go over payload and maintain a safe TW

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Over payload means also over GVWR. Hard to imagine being a safe TW when your tow vehicle is over its GVWR.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV/Truck newbies here and need some advice.

Over payload means also over GVWR. Hard to imagine being a safe TW when your tow vehicle is over its GVWR.
    It won’t sway that I know

What do you think will happen if you are over payload by 200 pounds? A catastrophic failure?

We can continue this all day but sway is the biggest issue towing. The heavier you can get the TW the likelihood of sway is reduced. Period. Has nothing to do with payload but by reading your first post a newcomer might think adding weight to the rear to make payload numbers work is good advice and it is not

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Last edited by NB Canada; 03-05-2021 at 12:43 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It won’t sway that I know

What do you think will happen if you are over payload by 200 pounds? A catastrophic failure?

We can continue this all day but sway is the biggest issue towing. The heavier you can get the TW the likelihood of sway is reduced. Period. Has nothing to do with payload but by reading your first post a newcomer might think adding weight to the rear to make payload numbers work is good advice and it is not

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    No more likely to have catastrophic failure than to cause sway by reducing tongue weight from 15% to 13% to stay within tow vehicles payload limits and within the generally recognized tongue weight guidance.

It’s not clear to me where you ascertained sway is the biggest towing issue. I see far more tow vehicles with sagging rear ends and obviously overweight hitches than swaying trailers. Westlake tires and spring hangers also come to mind.

Can’t be seponsible for what a newcomer thinks, but only for what I said, which was to maintain with limits and within the sweet spot for minimizing sway.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No more likely to have catastrophic failure than to cause sway by reducing tongue weight from 15% to 13% to stay within tow vehicles payload limits and within the generally recognized tongue weight guidance.

It’s not clear to me where you ascertained sway is the biggest towing issue. I see far more tow vehicles with sagging rear ends and obviously overweight hitches than swaying trailers. Westlake tires and spring hangers also come to mind.

Can’t be seponsible for what a newcomer thinks, but only for what I said, which was to maintain with limits and within the sweet spot for minimizing sway.
    Oh. You are one of those China bomb guys

Btw. You forgot disc brakes. Drums are unsafe

Have a great camping season

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I purchased a Transcend 240ML and love it. When we bought it we had a 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn. I don't know much about towing capacity. The dealership I bought it from said our truck would be able to pull it. We purchased it and did a 600 mile round trip shortly after. We kept it light. We used paper plates and plastic cups, didn't buy food until we got close to our destination, and didn't fill our water until we got there. I did notice, we were gassing up at every gas station we saw. It didn't like pulling up grades. I know the truck drivers weren't happy with us. It made it a pretty stressful trip. I didn't notice any sway as previously mentioned, it handled great on the highway, with the storage in the front most of your weights in the front near the tongue if you ask me.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678