User Tag List

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Momentum 320G, Seat Cushion Cut

Hello all! First question to the group here on the forums as we just became new Momentum owners about 1 month ago. We got our '21 Momentum 320G from Mike Thompson's in Southern' California. The experience was not the best with several items still outstanding on our due bill to fix/complete.

As we got ready for our first break in trip 2 weeks ago we were loading up and noticed one of the dining room seat back cushions had 2 cuts in it that we didn't notice on the walkthrough during pickup. We had not even used the trailer yet or sat in the seats and the cuts are on the seat back which is really odd. I think it just happened to be the first time we had the ramp down with enough natural light in to see the cushions.

I contacted the service department at MTRV and they informed me that the claim had been denied by GD? Has anyone experienced this situation before? Any advice? I've called GD but got voicemail and left a message with no reply yet.

Super frustrating that it now seems like a finger pointing contest between the 3 parties.

Thanks,

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCOENG,

I spent well over an hour going over our 399Th from Mike Thompson's RV AFTER we were done with the PDI as it's impossible to catch every little thing that can potentially be wrong or is damaged in the 60 min PDI we had (and, no one wants a 3 hour PDI... NO ONE). The dealer was patient and even offered for us to spend the night if we wanted. My responsibility, as a consumer, is to also be reasonable and do my "due diligence" in checking before leaving the lot too. I will say this, the PDI guy did ask us at least a dozen or more times if were were not clear on any particular item, noticed any issues, needed clarification or had questions... he even came back 30 min after we were done with the PDI and asked if he could answer any questions or help. We never felt rushed.

That said, we did notice the small button on the shower door latch was cracked when we got home. Still operational, but cracked. I have no idea if it happened on our absolutely lousy California roads on the way home or if it was that way on the lot. I was very polite, thankful for the service and communications, and I was patient... the following day I texted a pic to our sales person and about 15 min later was told they would simply send us a whole new mechanism or I could come back down and they would take care if it for me. I felt this was very reasonable and cool by Mike Thompson's RV.

That said, many, many things determine how a dealer or manufacturer will act. "Rhetorical" questions... were you hostile? were you rude? were you accusatory? were your unrealistic? abrupt? did they try to accommodate you? Also, in emails or texts it's hard to read a person's tone or voice inflection.

I've worked in public safety/customer service for over 20 years... folks have assaulted me and my crew, spit on us, coughed on us (lately), called us names, berated us, lied, mislead, hundreds of middle finger gestures as we are driving Code 3, etc. I take it with patience and professionalism because it's my job. However, I'm finding that many businesses will no longer tolerate such abuse or angry demeanor (I'm not saying this was the case here). And, while I do not know your situation or how it transpired, I have found that just being very, very nice, polite and even "persistent" at times goes such a long way to correcting situations like this.

Very respectfully, my advice, even though there is no way for the RV dealer or GD to tell if this cosmetic issue happened prior to or after deliver, is to be very courteous, polite and non-accusatory in asking again if you can get help with this issue. Also, California is on a lock-down too, after all. And, many, many people are "choosing to not" work, so there are major labor issues as well. This is well beyond the control of the Dealer or GD; that's not their fault. You may not get it resolved overnight, but I think if cool heads prevail, you will find satisfaction if you are also reasonable, patient and have good communication. Pictures also help.

Just my humble advice...

good luck
    Last edited by grandseahawk; 02-18-2021 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GrandSeahawk,

Thank you for your humble advice. While I see your point I certainly hope I did not come across rude/insulting/demanding here or at the dealer. In this case persistence seems to have paid off. I was able to get in touch with someone at GD and they are going to help get this corrected.