User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 381MR - do I have an inverter?

I’ve been curious about this for a couple months now, in the “storage” (or lack thereof) compartment below there is a small controller that shows if the inverter is on or off.

Now from what I’ve experienced so far, I do not have an inverter since none of my 120vac works off battery power, only if the generator’s running or I’m plugged in of course. I recall reading somewhere that the residential fridge models get inverters but I dunno if that’s true. I have the resi fridge but it doesn’t turn on with battery power.

Soooo, what is this “inverter”? Haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	31519
    2021 Momentum 381M (Ordered 3/6/2020, Delivered 8/27/2020)
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The inverter is in the front storage compartment on the other side of wall from the controller in your picture. When the green light is on it should send power to fridge. I think they just power fridge only not all outlets.
    2021 351MR
    2017 Jayco 377rlbh (sold)

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for your fridge on the R models.

If you get the solar option, it would power more things.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, that’s what I was thinking. I’ll have to look into it further because my fridge doesn’t work off battery power currently. It only turns on with generator or shore power
    -- Full Body Paint, MORryde IS 7k w/ disc brakes, Gen-Y Gooseneck conversion, 3 AC, Heat Pump, Dual Pane Windows, Slide Toppers, Residential Fridge

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstAscent View Post
    I’ve been curious about this for a couple months now, in the “storage” (or lack thereof) compartment below there is a small controller that shows if the inverter is on or off.

Now from what I’ve experienced so far, I do not have an inverter since none of my 120vac works off battery power, only if the generator’s running or I’m plugged in of course. I recall reading somewhere that the residential fridge models get inverters but I dunno if that’s true. I have the resi fridge but it doesn’t turn on with battery power.

Soooo, what is this “inverter”? Haha

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0299.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	98.7 KB 
ID:	31519
    Your residential refrigerator should run off the batteries if you turn on the inverter. The remote switch for the inverter is in your picture. Where did GD put it?
    The inverter in our 2018 374TH-R Solitude looks like this.

HERE is a LINK to the manual.
    KEN
    Last edited by orbiker; 01-12-2021 at 09:16 PM.
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
    Your residential refrigerator should run off the batteries if you turn on the inverter. The remote switch for the inverter is in your picture. Where did GD put it?
    The inverter in our 2018 374TH-R Solitude looks like this.

HERE is a LINK to the manual.
    KEN
    Thanks! Yeah the remote switch led always shows as ON. I'm guessing it's located behind the storage wall near all the ducting etc similar to yours. I'll take a look tomorrow once it's sunny and light since that will be much easier than dark and cold ha.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! Yeah the remote switch led always shows as ON. I'm guessing it's located behind the storage wall near all the ducting etc similar to yours. I'll take a look tomorrow once it's sunny and light since that will be much easier than dark and cold ha.
    Can you push the remote button and turn off the LED?

Our inverter was bad a delivery. I learned then how it works and how to replace it. GD sent me a replacement for me to install. KEN
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our inverter was bad a delivery. I learned then how it works and how to replace it. GD sent me a replacement for me to install. KEN
    I believe so? I’ll double check, I recall the button turning the light on and off but will verify. Work was crazy busy today so I never got a chance to open up the storage wall and take a peek as well like I wanted to. I guess tomorrow it is haha

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe so? I’ll double check, I recall the button turning the light on and off but will verify. Work was crazy busy today so I never got a chance to open up the storage wall and take a peek as well like I wanted to. I guess tomorrow it is haha
    If the button turns off the light the inverter should be off. If the RV is not plugged in, the frig should be off too. KEN
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the button turns off the light the inverter should be off. If the RV is not plugged in, the frig should be off too. KEN
    Finally did some more digging.

So the remote ON/OFF button does nothing. The green LED stays lit no matter what.

I found the location of the inverter, it’s up front in the generator bay on the “roof” of that area. The wiring appears to be correct and I do see the remote RJ11 wire plugged in as well. It’s the WFCO WF-5110R model.

I didn’t do any electrical tests yet but just did a visual inspection. But since the remote on/off does nothing I’m wondering if the inverter is bad or something different. But could make sense since my fridge doesn’t run off battery power.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast