User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to fix temp reading quick and easy

So listen, I was finding that my temp would not register and located the sensor up in the air unit, pushed it through the cover foam and YAY it solved all the problems and has never worked better. Took me like 30 seconds.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Does it have a Furrion air conditioner?

The newer thermostat will have a little bump on the bottom of it. That is the temp sensor for the heat
    If it is smooth no bump it is the old type
    Did you get GD to send you the new fix. They had sent me a thermocouple relocation kit. That is a messy fix with the wire channel running accross the ceiling. In the heat the glue backing lets go and the whole thing hangs. Messy indeed. Let me know what it seems you did.
    Pierre & Tara

2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 GMC Sierra SLE 1500
    1200/12000 Equalizer Hitch

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrovsky View Post
    Did you get GD to send you the new fix. They had sent me a thermocouple relocation kit. That is a messy fix with the wire channel running accross the ceiling. In the heat the glue backing lets go and the whole thing hangs. Messy indeed. Let me know what it seems you did.
    They sent me both
    The relocation kit ,which I didn’t install and the new thermostat and control box, which I also didn’t install
    I don’t see an issue with my system. I just poke the sensor out through the filter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    They sent me both
    The relocation kit ,which I didn’t install and the new thermostat and control box, which I also didn’t install
    I don’t see an issue with my system. I just poke the sensor out through the filter
    I poked mine out and the a/c immediately began short cycling. I’ve installed the updated controller and control box and am now redoing the plenum divider and resealing it with aluminum tape.
    Have to wait for warm weather to test. Fingers crossed 🤞
    If there’s still an issue, it has 3 wires in the controller harness. I’ll do uwskier’s mod.
    Rich
    '16 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4x4 / '21 Imagine 2600RB
    The Journey Is The Destination

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are trying to just run your propane furnace the thermostat has to be set on gas heat. cycle the mode button until gas heat comes up not electric heat. it should work until the battery gets low.
    1st 5er- 2006 titanium 32/37. current 5er-2021 Solitude 310GKR
    1st camper-2001 Lance slide in
    1st truck-2001 chevy silverado 2500 HD 8.1 vortec-Allison trans. current truck-2011 chevy silverado HD duramax, allison LTZ

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV2600RB View Post
    I poked mine out and the a/c immediately began short cycling. I’ve installed the updated controller and control box and am now redoing the plenum divider and resealing it with aluminum tape.
    Have to wait for warm weather to test. Fingers crossed ��
    If there’s still an issue, it has 3 wires in the controller harness. I’ll do uwskier’s mod.
    Rich
    There is another mod on the forum where the temp sensor that's located in the plenum is moved to the thermostat and hooked into the existing wiring harness (this might be the one you're referring to from uwskier). It's pretty self explanatory with the pics they provided. I did this mod for fear of the short cycling from sticking it through the cover, and it works great without adding any equipment and not running any new wiring. Just cut the temp sensor off the wires in the plenum and pick 2 colors from the harness that's already there and wire them to the ones you just cut (Doesn't matter which ones.) Then, wire the temp sensor to the same 2 wires in the harness at the thermostat and stick it out just below the thermostat on the wall. This fixed my problem. My particular thermostat keeps it within 2 degrees up or down of the set temp, hot or cold. Maybe this will help.
    2021 Imagine 2910BH
    2020 Chevy 2500 HD Crew, 6.6L Duramax, Z71, 4X4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddgopher View Post
    There is another mod on the forum where the temp sensor that's located in the plenum is moved to the thermostat and hooked into the existing wiring harness (this might be the one you're referring to from uwskier). It's pretty self explanatory with the pics they provided. I did this mod for fear of the short cycling from sticking it through the cover, and it works great without adding any equipment and not running any new wiring. Just cut the temp sensor off the wires in the plenum and pick 2 colors from the harness that's already there and wire them to the ones you just cut (Doesn't matter which ones.) Then, wire the temp sensor to the same 2 wires in the harness at the thermostat and stick it out just below the thermostat on the wall. This fixed my problem. My particular thermostat keeps it within 2 degrees up or down of the set temp, hot or cold. Maybe this will help.
    That’s the mod I was referring to.
    Rich

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just completed our first camping trip in our 2024 337RLS. A few issues but no break downs. The most significant issue was that the two AC units were acting crazy so I searched the forum and quickly found this thread. It was about 80 degrees F but the thermostat was saying 56 deg F after running for a couple minutes. As you already know, it was measuring the temperature of the evaporator coils instead of the room temperature.

On booth AC units, I poked the room temperature sensor thermocouple through the filter material on the air conditioner and that did help some, but the AC still short cycled and only stayed on for a minute at a time. So I am looking at moving the temperature probe to the thermostat as was described above. I am not sure if I have any extra wires between the thermostat and AC unit, but I will look.

The Furrion thermostat has a temperature probe on the bottom of the housing, but doesn't seem t use it. When I held my fingers on the thermostat probe nipple nothing happened, but I could clearly see the ambient temperature on the thermostat increase when I held the AC room Temp probe in my fingers (at the AC filter location). So clearly the thermostat ignores its own thermocouple (at least in Cooling mode).
    Steve n Ellen
    Almost Retired!
    2024 Reflection 337RLS
    RV’ing since 1998

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaulnier View Post
    We just completed our first camping trip in our 2024 337RLS. A few issues but no break downs. The most significant issue was that the two AC units were acting crazy so I searched the forum and quickly found this thread. It was about 80 degrees F but the thermostat was saying 56 deg F after running for a couple minutes. As you already know, it was measuring the temperature of the evaporator coils instead of the room temperature.

On booth AC units, I poked the room temperature sensor thermocouple through the filter material on the air conditioner and that did help some, but the AC still short cycled and only stayed on for a minute at a time. So I am looking at moving the temperature probe to the thermostat as was described above. I am not sure if I have any extra wires between the thermostat and AC unit, but I will look.

The Furrion thermostat has a temperature probe on the bottom of the housing, but doesn't seem t use it. When I held my fingers on the thermostat probe nipple nothing happened, but I could clearly see the ambient temperature on the thermostat increase when I held the AC room Temp probe in my fingers (at the AC filter location). So clearly the thermostat ignores its own thermocouple (at least in Cooling mode).
    The wall controller isn’t a thermostat, per se. The room sensor is in the a/c intake plenum.
    The nub on the wall controller is the sensor for the heat function. The wall controller doesn’t read the evaporator temp. There are several posts on here regarding the Furrion HVAC issues.
    Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12