Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Adoption: 2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Greetings MGD Forum members, took delivery of an Imagine XLS 22MLE last September. First TT after towing motorcycle trailers and such for many years. Although I still ride I opted not to get a toy box because the TT trips will mostly be with the SO who doesn't ride, and when I head for the desert and dirt biking I can put the DB in the truck. Very happy with the 22MLE so far. Due to Covid we had to order it in July for Sept 2020 delivery. Problems limited to an improperly installed furnace duct, flickering LED overheads on shore power and a cracked shower skylight cover so far. As expected we need and are using the dinette far more than we would N/U the larger bath in the 22RBE. Perfect couples +1 dog trailer, and it's barely noticeable behind my F-150 (set up for towing).
    Check your furnace for proper duct routing, inspect the outer shower skylight cover for cracks, and you're good to go! LEDs are on back order.
    Mods to date:
    Camco insulated cover for entry window
    Installed digital voltage meter below control panel to monitor (x2 flooded Interstate 12V) batteries. The standard control panel voltage monitor is wrong/a joke.
    Sealed cracks in shower outer skylight with Alpha Systems 1010
    Spare tire cover
    Swapped (horrible) queen mattress for Nectar memory foam (restricts RS access when slideout is in, heavy, but HEAVENLY)
    Padded bed cubby holes with thin foam from an exercise pad to cut noise
    Drilled holes in low spots of battery boxes (they filled with rain water)
    Put bicycle lock on propane tanks
    Wish List
    More heat from furnace bed duct (duct might be pinched underneath)
    Taller bath faucet
    Dim overhead LED lights 10%
    A real oven!
    That's it! Enjoy!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new trailer. We pick our 22mle up in 3 weeks. A couple questions: which lights are you replacing with LEDs? Can you explain why the new window cover? And what model you used? You mentioned ducting issues. The quick AC dump feature on our 22mle doesn’t work. The dealer said that was normal. Does it work on yours?
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi All,
    Here's a link to the entry door window cover:
    https://tinyurl.com/5brcp9pz

I'm a light sleeper and the light that comes through the unshaded window in the a.m. bugged me, particularly when it faced the rising sun. Most of these trailers come with unshaded entry door covers because of the proximity of the screen door. You can get one with a shade from Camping World I understand, but it's expensive and a two-person installation job. The Camco cover is $10 and is insulated -- since the glass is frosted anyway we just leave it on most of the time now.

The interior overhead lights that you turn on at the control panel are LEDs, and two of ours over the dinette were flickering on shore power. Apparently there was a bad batch from the factory in Vietnam. I wrote GD customer service and they are sending me two replacements (they are easy to replace).

Never tried the quick AC dump, not even sure what that is, assuming you mean air conditioning. Can you explain please? AC works fine as long as we're on 30 amp shore power.

As delivered the furnace duct for the sleeping area was torn off the furnace because it was fastened to the wrong port on the furnace, and hit the sink drain pipe. Though it's an easy fix (move the duct to an unused port in the back of the furnace, and put a blanking plate in the side), GD insisted the work had to be performed by the dealer (pretty much SOP for warranty repairs that involve propane, directly or indirectly). It's fixed now but the bed outlet only flows a puff of warmish air. I blocked off a portion of the kitchen and bath outlets to see if it will increase the flow to the bed area, haven't tried it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robt225 View Post
    Congrats on your new trailer. We pick our 22mle up in 3 weeks. A couple questions: which lights are you replacing with LEDs? Can you explain why the new window cover? And what model you used? You mentioned ducting issues. The quick AC dump feature on our 22mle doesn’t work. The dealer said that was normal. Does it work on yours?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that there is a vent on the AC unit itself that when opened will dump AC directly into the camper to quickly cool things down. Our AC unit had the vents, but they were not connected so they don't work The dealer said he thought that was normal but I have my doubts.
    Rob and Joyce
    Grayslake IL
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2020 Ford F150 XLT 3.5L

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding is that there is a vent on the AC unit itself that when opened will dump AC directly into the camper to quickly cool things down. Our AC unit had the vents, but they were not connected so they don't work The dealer said he thought that was normal but I have my doubts.
    We have that vent on our ac unit. When its open in blows directly underneath, when close, it directs the air thru the ceiling vents. We always keep the vents on the ac unit closed though.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have added a feature that rerouts the ducted AC. Keep the vents closed in the main unit. They explained it in a a flier in the delivery packet I got on my 23bhe

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations to both of you on your 22mle!
    @RunningOnMT We don’t get much heat out of the bed duct either and what we do get is just warm. We replaced our bath faucet with a ~$30 one from Home Depot, not a difficult job. Also interested in your Camco entry door window cover.
    2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L 4x4
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Andersen WDH
    Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
    2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
    2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the cult.
    Robert and Chris
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2024 2500HD Silverado 6.6L gas
    Blue Ox Sway Pro

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the 22mle group. We really like ours and I'm sure you will also.
    We just hang a black out shade set on 3 Commander hooks over the door. This way, I can take it down and let light in without opening the door. I agree, there wad just to much light coming in.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE