Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exterior Storage Box Attached to Landing Gear

Looking for the input on the downside and other suggestions for adding a fiberglass reinforced 1/4” plywood box that spans the front of our 5th wheel. I would attach it using square u-bolts to the landing gear in the front and to the frame rails on the rear of the box. I’m thinking it to be about 24”wide and 10” deep with three compartments - one opening from each side and one in the front.

Does anyone know where I could source fiberglass panels like are used for the trailer sides instead of plywood.
    Keith & Kate
    Central Ohio
    2015 Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    2016 Ford F250XL Diesel Crew Cab SRW 4x4

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluSpyderMan View Post
    Looking for the input on the downside and other suggestions for adding a fiberglass reinforced 1/4” plywood box that spans the front of our 5th wheel. I would attach it using square u-bolts to the landing gear in the front and to the frame rails on the rear of the box. I’m thinking it to be about 24”wide and 10” deep with three compartments - one opening from each side and one in the front.

Does anyone know where I could source fiberglass panels like are used for the trailer sides instead of plywood.

I think I'd be worried about it impacting the ground on uneven campsites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would reconsider given the limited clearance as mentioned by the previous poster and the stress across the landing gear. I would be concerned the landing gear would eventually fatigue and cause issues with the jack movement over time.