Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inaccurate Readings

My grey tank never show empty. When dumped, I can only get a 1/3 reading. Has anyone experienced that. How did you resolve the issue. I've tried leveling at the dump station and even leaning it to the dump side.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyMcCollough View Post
    My grey tank never show empty. When dumped, I can only get a 1/3 reading. Has anyone experienced that. How did you resolve the issue. I've tried leveling at the dump station and even leaning it to the dump side.
    Tank sensors are notorious for false readings. You basically just learn how full/empty your tanks are after a while.

Sorry, not very helpful, I know, but it is what it is.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, I am a newbie. The help is very appreciated. Thank you.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyMcCollough View Post
    Hey, I am a newbie. The help is very appreciated. Thank you.
    One big piece of information, use lots of water when using the toilet (black tank). It makes flushing it easier. Don't let things pile up in there and dry out.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It only the grey tanks giving me issue.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the shower and sinks stop draining I know my tanks need dumping. The sensors are junk.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes the sensor connectors loosen up and give false readings. Might be a pain to get to them to check though...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After 10 years of full time rv living I have gotten very used to bad sensors. The toilet burping is a sure sign your black water tank is getting full. Water backed up in the sink and shower is a sure sign the gray water tanks need dumping. If you have to gray water tanks, and a valtera twist valve on the exit pipe, you can close the valtera twist valve and open both gray water tanks, this will allow water to dump into the sewer pipe generally gaining you another day of gray water storage.

Google the GEO RV waste water tank method. Some folks swear by this for cleaning sensors and making them work. I have never bothered trying it. Experience has taught me how to judge my tank levels.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    After 10 years of full time rv living I have gotten very used to bad sensors. The toilet burping is a sure sign your black water tank is getting full. Water backed up in the sink and shower is a sure sign the gray water tanks need dumping. If you have to gray water tanks, and a valtera twist valve on the exit pipe, you can close the valtera twist valve and open both gray water tanks, this will allow water to dump into the sewer pipe generally gaining you another day of gray water storage.
    @BennyMcCollough, @OurRollingVoyage, as Dallas knows well with all the winter camping he does his advice above is not for hard-winter conditions.

The deep freezes happening all over right now will certainly freeze the waste water in the dump pathway. As I write this someone has been running a hair dryer into his dump pipe for about a day to try to thaw it so he can dump his full waste tanks.

Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Google the GEO RV waste water tank method. Some folks swear by this for cleaning sensors and making them work. I have never bothered trying it. Experience has taught me how to judge my tank levels.
    As others have said accurate sensors are rare after some use of your trailer, but the GEO Method Dallas mentions can improve their performance. Adding gallons of water with Borax water softener and Dawn dish soap immediately after dumping, especially if you take the trailer for a drive after charging the tanks with the soapy solution, helps not only with the sensors but also with keeping the tanks clean and relatively odor-free.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what we use and so far our sensors are ok, not real precise but ok. https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/
    But like others have said, the sensors are known for their not so accurate reading and premature failures. We hardly look at them now. You'll also learn how long you can last on Grey and black before needing to dump.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast