User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuse panel question

We have a 2018 311bhs that we are going to, waiting on ups, install a victron 3000 inverter charger on. Question is, the victron is purported to power one leg of the trailers 50 amps. We are going to set it up to power the right half on inverter. Left half will be dead unless hooked up to shore power/gen. Seems to be set up perfect in our fuse panel other then the non powered left half has something labeled as receptacle. Does anyone know what this powers? Aren't all the outlets powered by the "GFCI" on the right leg?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes all of the GFCI outlets are on that one breaker. The one marked recept will be the non GFCI outlets in your rig.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You will find many non-GFI outlets powered by breakers labeled otherwise. For example, in our Reflection 303, all the outlets in the aft end of the living area are on the breaker labeled “refrigerator”.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't help with technical electrical stuff, but curious what circuit "Microwave 2" powers.
    Dallas
    2017 Momentum 376TH, 2019 Ford F450, Dual Rear Wheel, 4x4, diesel.
    2015 Harley-Davidson Street, XG750

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by D2Reid View Post
    Can't help with technical electrical stuff, but curious what circuit "Microwave 2" powers.
    It has an outside kitchen. I'm hoping it's the outside microwave but after reading around on the internet, who knows. Haha

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours is not wired correctly to the panel. I would turn off breakers and figure out what they power on you own and not rely on the labels. My refrigerator is actually the fireplace and vice versa , I will change this so it is right as well as determine that the others are right.

Brian

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you have gathered from the previous posts, you can't rely on the labels being overly accurate. To find out exactly what will not be powered by your new inverter, simply turn off the 50 amp breaker that will not be on the Inverter and use a "non-contact" circuit tester to check all the outlets in the coach. You can test all the appliances by simply turning them on with the breaker off, if they work, then they will be powered by the inverter.

If you want something to be powered by the inverter, but it is not on that breaker (leg), you can swap items from one side to the other by re-wiring the individual breakers, just be certain to only swap the wires between the same amperage breakers on each side ie: 15amp to 15 amp and 20 amp to 20 amp.

Here is the type of non-contact circuit tester that I use:

https://www.amazon.com/Voltage-Prote...gateway&sr=8-3
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tatetoter View Post
    Does anyone know what this powers? Aren't all the outlets powered by the "GFCI" on the right leg?
    Here's a diagram of how my 315RLTS is wired vs the breakers. I hope it's clear the numbers and colors are coordinated with the breakers so you can reference back and forth. Note that your trailer may be wired differently.

I installed AMSolar's Smart Automatic Transfer Switch to solve the problem of having only one leg powered. Some have installed sub-panels or other work-arounds.

It's a long thread (apologize in advance) but I documented my journey from conception to actual install in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...back-Requested You may glean something from it if you'll take a few minutes to read through it. (I'm working on a summary, but it will be a few days.)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post

I installed AMSolar's Smart Automatic Transfer Switch to solve the problem of having only one leg powered. Some have installed sub-panels or other work-arounds.

It's a long thread (apologize in advance) but I documented my journey from conception to actual install in this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...back-Requested You may glean something from it if you'll take a few minutes to read through it. (I'm working on a summary, but it will be a few days.)

-Howard
    My question is; will the Summary take a few days to read, or be posted?
    David and Peggy
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tatetoter View Post
    We have a 2018 311bhs that we are going to, waiting on ups, install a victron 3000 inverter charger on. Question is, the victron is purported to power one leg of the trailers 50 amps. We are going to set it up to power the right half on inverter. Left half will be dead unless hooked up to shore power/gen. Seems to be set up perfect in our fuse panel other then the non powered left half has something labeled as receptacle. Does anyone know what this powers? Aren't all the outlets powered by the "GFCI" on the right leg?

After taking a closer look at your photo, it looks like you could swap the wires from your "outlets" breaker with your "Fireplace" breaker and have everything you need powered by the inverter. Again, that presumes the panel is labeled correctly and there is nothing hooked to the "Fireplace" circuit that you would miss while dry camping.
    David and Peggy
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast