I have been delicately hinting to the DW about installing solar on our Imagine 2970RL. You know, talking batteries, playing YT videos on solar, etc . . . Not outright saying I would like to install solar. The unofficial project, the in my head project, got the go ahead yesterday on our drive north to go camping. I call those my Willie Nelson projects, "Always on my mind." Here is how the solar project received the go ahead.

We live in Florida. We are not retired and live in our sticks and bricks in Central Florida. We have been through many, many hurricanes and in a couple of those we lost power for many days. One time was 7 days. With the recent devastation in Texas the wife and I were again discussing installing a whole house generator for hurricanes. Hurricane Irma left us camping in our driveway for 7 days in our vintage Airstream connected to a generator, that was our camping trailer at the time. So we discussed bringing our new Imagine home and running it on the generator should we lose power for an extended period of time. The downside to running the generator is managing the fuel and the constant noise. Also, I work for a local government so if there is a declared emergency I have to be at work as part of my responsibilities. So that leaves my wife at home to manager the generator. So no decisions were made during the breakfast table discussion.

We departed on our camping trip and headed north on I75 and righ around Lake City the DW says, "I think we should install solar on the trailer." YES!!!! I tried not to loose control of the rig in all my excitement. Her reasoning was that 1) we could use it for hurricanes when we have no power, 2) not have depend on the generator and having to find/get fuel, and 3) with the solar we can camp anywhere and take the system with us. You can't do that with a whole house generator.

I will be installing a solar system on our 2021 Imagine 2970RL BEFORE the next hurricane season. I'll definitely be reading through this sub-forum for all the good information and experience of others.