Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me all GD dealers are not the same

I didnt have a good experience with the dealer that I bought my unit from. So after the on going furnace problem and the watrer heater stopped working on electric, I found another dealer more convenient for me in Abilene Ks. I talked with the service manager and he said if I dropped it off on Saturday 3/21/15 they may even would be able to look at it that day and be finished with it early in the week. I told him I was heading to Oklahoma and could pick it up on Saturday the 25 , he said no problem. I didnt hear anything so I called right after lunch and they hadnt even looked at it yet !!! He told me that if they looked at it Saturday or Monday and had to order parts they would still be finishedin time for my pickup. Now there is no chance it will be finished by Saturday! I dont understand why someones word means NOTHING in this day and age. Does anyone else feel like they would be happy if they just did what they told you they would do ?
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That applies to everything in life. The world would be a much better place if people would think before they speak, mean what they say, and do what they say they will do.

Not all dealers are that way, unfortunately it sounds like a lot of them are. We have a good dealer here locally that has always done what they promised. Need more like that, Grand Design needs to make sure their dealer network shares their belief in taking care of the customer.
    Calling Grand Design and getting them involved has helped others get taken care of properly. At least it gives them feedback on dealers not living up to GD standards.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

franks1
    Scott,what dealer do you use in Ocala?Thanks

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that GD should screen their dealers better. One of the things that sold me on GD was that the dealer told me that they were all hand picked. And I would get better service no matter where I happened to be. Im starting to think that its just Rv dealers in general not just GD . Just think about it a little and I think you will understand what Im talking about.
    Reflection 337
    2012 F-250 26,000 miles
    2015 F-250 46,000 miles

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Franks1, tradewinds RV in Ocala. If your looking for sales see Frank. If your looking for service Tim's the man. Either way tell them Scott Platt sent you, they'll take good care of you. We have purchased both our rv's from them, six years apart. Service has always been great.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dealt with Frank and he is a top notch guy...And although I didn't buy from them this time I wouldn't have any hesitation in contacting them for the next one...I may give them a shot when it comes time to service.

Regards,

AJ

2015 FORD F450 Lariat Ultimate
    2012 HD RoadGlide Ultra
    2015 GD Momentum 350M

droidguru
    Quite honestly every RV service department I have ever been to has over promised. There is always something (be it an excuse or an actual problem) that prevents them from delivering.

This probably happens for a number of reasons the two I encounter most are:
    1. They are generally swamped, there are too many RV's with problems and not enough techs to get the work done.
    2. They have no clue, your tech says 3 days for this part before he/she even checks to see if the part is available. They call you back and tell you it is out of their control.

Either way they should refrain from making such promises until that have a definite date, but honestly I have heard customers hounding these guys (I was one of them when my first slide broke on a rig I just picked up) and it is probably easier for them to write checks they can't deliver rather than losing the business up front when they tell you it will be 10-12 weeks for a repair.......and you say thanks but no thanks!

Also something to remember a lot of these places have the same staff during the winter as they do during their spring/fall rushes. It is a business and they are trying to make money so that goes back to #1 above.

Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Concreteman I would be curious as to how your experience with Four Seasons ends up. We bought our GD from them and took it back for furnace service back in September. Since they were winterizing it, also, and since we had no upcoming camping plans until spring, we really weren't all that concerned about turnaround time for the repair. We periodically checked back and always got an answer that the part hadn't arrived yet (brand new furnace/not a lot of spare parts available yet) and when it does the fix would be quick. Like I said, we didn't really care because we had no upcoming plans. We got it back I think in December. Maybe late November. BTW, the furnace works perfectly now. I did wonder during those months it was with them how efficiently they would get the work done if we had a trip planned and needed it fixed ASAP. So, please keep me updated as to how this turns out and if you contacted Grand Design to get involved. In Four Season's defense regarding our situation, they really were backed up with repairs in September because of a big hailstorm that overloaded them with insurance claim repairs on RV's.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours from General Trailer in Mt Clemens MI. We have taken it back a few times for service. So far so good. Each times they have gotten it back to us within in a week or so. We have been dealing with Christina in service and she couldn't be nicer. Only once we were not completely satisfied with their work, (because they did not listen to us to call GD for the fix) but it was taken care of at last years rally. In late Jan we had dropped it off for some work just before heading to Florida. They called in less than 2 weeks to say it was ready for pickup. Not being home we weren't able to. They kept it on the lot for us for two more weeks at no charge even though on their service contracts it says there will be a storage fee for trailers that are not picked up.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    General Trailer in Brownstown, MI is also very good at servicing our camper. It's only been in a couple of times, once for the convection oven recall, and each time they were able to get us out within a reasonable time frame. Good people there, in the office and out in the bays.
    Tom & Nancy
    Newport, MI
    369RL, #302

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast