Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Your Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your Thoughts

We are a retired couple and have been thinking about getting into an RV. We are impressed with the Solitude 390RKR and the slightly smaller 345GK-R. We would appreciate any thought that recent buyers, or longer term owners, might have. As we are also going to have to buy a tow vehicle, comments in that are are also most welcome.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, welcome!

As an owner of a 42ft long floor plan, I LOVE having the space. Just looking that the 390 floor plan; I really like the double sinks in the bathroom. I can tell you from my floor plan, the opposing slides in the living room area make for a lot of space.

Regarding tow vehicle; not getting into the big three debate, but the 390 will need a dually for sure.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your thoughts; they have been very helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome,
    We are also retired and we found the Reflection 337RLS perfect for us. We didn't really know if we were going to love it or not so we stayed on the conservative side of our rig pricing. Our 4th year and we love it!!! It is exciting shopping for that perfect RV. Good luck!
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitton.f View Post
    We are a retired couple and have been thinking about getting into an RV. We are impressed with the Solitude 390RKR and the slightly smaller 345GK-R. We would appreciate any thought that recent buyers, or longer term owners, might have. As we are also going to have to buy a tow vehicle, comments in that are are also most welcome.
    Welcome to the forum....and I'm retired also. I was a late comer to the RV thing, and really sorry I didn't discover/experience it earlier. I absolutely love the layout of the 390 and I can tell you, that would be my trailer of choice if we didn't already have the Momentum 394, which works very well for us because of needing the garage space for hauling our motorcycle. Good luck in your search and I will second what was already stated.....the 390 Does need a Dually truck to tow it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We too love the floorplan of the 390. We were new to rving a year ago and ended up with a Reflection 337RLS. The floorplan is fantastic for the two of us and our dog. But we still want the 390 for the space both storage and interior. The bathroom is a huge improvement as is the living area. We have had zero issues with the 337 but I'm working on trading/selling it and getting the 390. We don't full-time but we will take trips that are 2-3 weeks at a time a couple of times each year so the space matters. The layout of the 390 just makes so much sense for us and understood that is very personal to everyone.
    I have read quite a bit on the 390 and the only thing I found was some complaints about the rear kitchen stuff shifting around a lot during transit. Most have suggested that is easily addressed by taking the time to pack everything securely for travel.