Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out Roof strength

I sent an email to customer support asking if the slide out roofs on my Reflection 311BHS are strong enough to walk on for the purpose of sweeping them or washing them etc. but have not received a response so I thought I would ask the question here. My rig has 4 slides. What are your thoughts?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    I sent an email to customer support asking if the slide out roofs on my Reflection 311BHS are strong enough to walk on for the purpose of sweeping them or washing them etc. but have not received a response so I thought I would ask the question here. My rig has 4 slides. What are your thoughts?
    From what I understand of the construction of the Reflection series is that all the roofs are walkable. Main and slides.

(I have no idea where "cashier's" came from in the original post, so I corrected it by removing the offending word!)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MoonShadow_1911; 02-19-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have always refrained from walking on slide roofs. Why pempt fate? I can do anything to them off of the main roof or a step ladder and have no worries.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksbowman View Post
    I have always refrained from walking on slide roofs. Why pempt fate? I can do anything to them off of the main roof or a step ladder and have no worries.
    Getting on the main roof is how I have been cleaning them but I'm not a fan of having to lean over with a broom.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on how much you weigh, but yes, they are walkable.

The Reps get up on them at Shows at all the time.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobWNY View Post
    Getting on the main roof is how I have been cleaning them but I'm not a fan of having to lean over with a broom.
    I use a lightweight leaf blower, standing on the main roof. It will take off leaves, twigs and even rain water. I plug it in to the outside outlet, tie a lightweight rope to it (about 15’ long), climb the ladder with the rope looped through a belt-loop then, when solidly on the roof, pull up the blower. I use a cord that is long enough that I can move and catch all three slides, on both sides of the trailer, as well as the entire roof area. When done, I let the blower back down, using the rope, then carefully climb back down.

It is a little noisy but, at 10-11:00 in the morning, who really cares? Plus, it works like a champ.
    Tom and Janice (known as Tom in PGH on the “other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat (Diesel) 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Richter View Post
    I use a lightweight leaf blower, standing on the main roof. It will take off leaves, twigs and even rain water. I plug it in to the outside outlet, tie a lightweight rope to it (about 15’ long), climb the ladder with the rope looped through a belt-loop then, when solidly on the roof, pull up the blower. I use a cord that is long enough that I can move and catch all three slides, on both sides of the trailer, as well as the entire roof area. When done, I let the blower back down, using the rope, then carefully climb back down.

It is a little noisy but, at 10-11:00 in the morning, who really cares? Plus, it works like a champ.
    That's a really good idea. A lot better than leaning over with a broom!