Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    The GVWR of a 21bhe on GD website is 6400 lbs

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    Yeah. I just saw that. I wonder if they changed to the Dexter 3500 lb axles. That's really annoying if they did as I wanted to convert to disc brakes but I can't find any disc brakes for the my Dexter 3000lb axles, only the 3500 lb.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tfgd21bhe View Post
    Yeah. I just saw that. I wonder if they changed to the Dexter 3500 lb axles. That's really annoying if they did as I wanted to convert to disc brakes but I can't find any disc brakes for the my Dexter 3000lb axles, only the 3500 lb.
    Just change the axle. Don’t believe they are that expensive

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both a 2013 Sequoia Platinum 5.7l V8 and a 2015 Land Rover LR4 that I tow our 2020 Imagine XLS 23BHE. I like the power of the Sequoia but with that 6 speed it's hunting for gears all the time. The LR4 is actually pretty good at towing and prefer it over the Sequoia. Both rigs have trailer sway control built in and while I do feel the trailer moving around a bit in high winds I've never had what I would call a sway event.

Also, I don't currently use WDH on either rig. But I can tell you that after weighing at a CAT scale both are over the rear axle weight rating so I am exploring some WDH options. Both times I weighed at the scale I didn't have much in the SUV, two small kids and minimal gear. Our hitch weight is right about 550/600 lbs depending on how we load the trailer.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Dwelce! This is reassuring news! I have pulled my 21bhe several times on hi-way and no major problems. I had some sway but manageable at speeds of 60mph. I have taken it on hills in Arkansas but not mountains like Colorado. We are preparing for a 3,300 mile trip from Nebraska, S. Dakota, Montana down through Colorado. If I make that without issue, then I know I am good with the Sequoia.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
    Good afternoon all! I happen to own a 2015 Toyota Sequoia with a 5.7 V8 with towing package (tow/haul mode, suspension bags, etc). I am pulling a 21BHE with an UVW of 4,700lbs and CVWR of 12,000lbs (car and trailer). I also have a weight distribution hitch and anti sway control bar. So far it pulls pretty well at speeds of 60mph. (sway is manageable). Just wondering if there are others pulling with an SUV and what your experience is like?
    We pull our 22 RBE with a 2016 GMC Yukon Denali 6.2. It pulls really well from Texas to Michigan to Florida without issue. No sway using the Fastway e2 Weight Distribution system driving about 65mph. Heading west this spring with no worries.
    Paula & Mike *Retired and Loving It!
    Former Michiganders, now in Englewood, FL
    Imagine XLS 22RBE * GMC Yukon Denali
    Lenny the Wonderdog * 2 Bikes * 2 Kayaks

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 21bhe doesn't have the slide out or the actual bedroom which is why the UVWR is only 4,300lbs. Fully loaded is 6,000 lbs pulling weight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 2019 Ford Expedition Max with the heavy-duty tow package. We have an Imagine 2800BH. I love the way the Expeditions tows. When I replaced my 2007 Expedition we did look at a Superduty but we utilize the 3 rows of seats all the time when we are not towing. So the Truck was not an option. The 2800BH is right at the edge of what the Expedition is capable of. We are over packers as well so we could do better with weights but have not put the trailer on a diet yet. Our payload is 1674 and I have not exceeded that at the scale, but have gone over once on the Rear Axle rating which is 4380. I have the 1,000lbs Equalize hitch with 7 washers. With the 3.5 Ecoboost engine pulling the trailer is easy compared to the V8 in the old Expedition. Milage towing is about the same with both SUVs 6 to 9 depending on wind direction, speed, elevation. Having the integrated brake controller makes braking so much smoother than the prodigy I had in the old Expedition. The longer wheel base of the Max I am sure help with the experiance.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH
    2019 Ford Expedition Limited Max with Ruby Red Stealth package.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2008 Sequoia Limited 4x4 with a 10,000 towing capacity. I installed air bags that sit inside the rear springs. I'm on my second TT. The first one was 36 feet long and was an ultra light. Loaded it was 7500lbs. I have a 16,000lbs equalizer WD Hitch. My current TT is a GD 2800BH. It is shorter in length but taller by a few feet then my old rig. The GVWR of the TT is 8000. The dealer did not adjust the hitch when I picked it up. It had no weight on the bars at all. I pulled it 300 miles in a 30 mph wind storm. It was a total fight to keep it on the road. On the way home I shifted the weight to the rear as I found the nose of the TT was low. It worked and it was not bad to drive. I now have the hitch setup correctly and it tows like a dream. I love my Sequoia, it has 110,000 miles on it and I tow 30+ times each year. It a beast and currently you can't get a SUV that can tow as much as the Sequoia. I have 3 boys between 10 - 14 and you can't sit them in the same row without a fight. So a pickup is a no go for me. I well say the passenger weight is not the best but the air bags help. I don't keep anything but people in the truck. Currently I about one half inch sag with 25lbs in the bags. Happy trails!
    2021 Grand Design 2800BH
    2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7 10k Towing
    Salt Lake City Utah Area.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paula and Mike. That is good news! Your 22rbe is slightly heavier than the 21bhe so I am encouraged to know you are able to easily pull it with your Yukon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mhaasser View Post
    We have a 2019 Ford Expedition Max with the heavy-duty tow package. We have an Imagine 2800BH. I love the way the Expeditions tows. When I replaced my 2007 Expedition we did look at a Superduty but we utilize the 3 rows of seats all the time when we are not towing. So the Truck was not an option. The 2800BH is right at the edge of what the Expedition is capable of. We are over packers as well so we could do better with weights but have not put the trailer on a diet yet. Our payload is 1674 and I have not exceeded that at the scale, but have gone over once on the Rear Axle rating which is 4380. I have the 1,000lbs Equalize hitch with 7 washers. With the 3.5 Ecoboost engine pulling the trailer is easy compared to the V8 in the old Expedition. Milage towing is about the same with both SUVs 6 to 9 depending on wind direction, speed, elevation. Having the integrated brake controller makes braking so much smoother than the prodigy I had in the old Expedition. The longer wheel base of the Max I am sure help with the experiance.
    I appreciate this post. I too have a Expedition Max with the max tow package, and I am going to be getting an Imagine 2400BH soon. I was a little worried that this trailer would be a bit too big for my Expedition, but the numbers seem to indicate that it is still well within the vehicle's tow rating, as well as under the GCWR even when fully loaded with people and stuff. This SUV towed my old trailer, a Rockwood Mini Lite 2509S, which is about 500 lb lighter, just fine. Fuel economy isn't great, but that is a common issue with most gas powered tow rigs.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast