Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shed or barn for 375res size

New here, sorry if this is a repeat post, I searched but couldn’t find anything.
    We are taking delivery next week of a 375RES.
    Most of the idle time the unit will be on some land we own. Going to have a metal shed built for it to protect it from the Texas sun and hail. I’m guessing 45 or 50 feet long, but how wide? Want to be able to extend the slides under the cover. The base width is about 8.5 feet. Looked everywhere for total width with slides out. Can’t find anything.
    Thanks

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsampson View Post
    New here, sorry if this is a repeat post, I searched but couldn’t find anything.
    Most of the idle time the unit will be on some land we own. Going to have a metal shed built for it to protect it from the Texas sun and hail. I’m guessing 45 or 50 feet long, but how wide? Want to be able to extend the slides under the cover. The base width is about 8.5 feet. Looked everywhere for total width with slides out. Can’t find anything.
    Thanks
    I have a 25’ x 50’ metal storage unit witch I love for my Solitude 385GK!
    I can pull out my slide outs and have plenty of room around it but not tons of wasted room.
    Be sure your garage door opening is tall enough to clear your a/c’s or whatever is highest on your rig.
    My length of my Solitude is 40’6”. I’m not sure exactly what the width with slide outs are. Hope that helps!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Solitude MBS377 has four slideouts. The widest on the driver's side is 33" and on the passenger side is 38".

2018 Solitude 377MBS #J1109394
    2017 Chevy Silverado Duramax

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d go no less than 20’. 24’ if you want to be able to move around it easily. My barn is 18’ wide and 40’ long for our 32 ft+ Reflection. I usually offset to one side to make walking past an extended slide on one side easier. Not really a lot of extra length either. Don’t forget the interior dimensions will be up to a foot less than exterior because of the poles. That makes mine 17’x39’ interior.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsampson View Post
    Thanks
    My 375RES is in an enclosed storage room that is 15x50 and I have room in front and back to walk around it and all 5 slides will go out if the trailer is centered in the room. If you want more room on each side than I'd go probably 20x50. It makes a huge difference in the appearance of the trailer if you can keep it inside or stored. During the current weather fiasco we had down here this week mine was out of the snow and freezing rain. I have 50 amp service so I set the furnace to 50 degrees and had no issues. It's not winterized.
    2019 Solitude 375RES Onan 5500 Splendide W/D Samsung res. fridge
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum dually 6.7L 4:30 gears
    B&W Companion for Ford puck system 20K lbs
    Jeff

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone.
    Thank you for your thoughtful reply’s. Very much appreciated.
    We will prob go w a 25x50.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm building a 30x60 pole barn for my new 2021 380FL. Will have 16' walls to have enough height. The garage door will be 18' wide by 14'3" high which is the tallest door he can put in without going even taller than 16' walls. Will give me plenty of room to walk around it, and put in some storage shelves and floor space to store items like a log splitter, chipper, mower deck, etc. I have to turn rather quickly coming out of the barn, so need the wider door if the rear starts to swing before it is clear. My current 14' high building only has a 12' high door and the ceiling joists are only 13'6" from the bottom to the floor. So current building won't work.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2017 F350 Diesel Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours (and we) live in a 22X55 bay with storage and appliances at the back wall.
    Jerry & Kelly Powell
    Zebulon, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R :target: