User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Success stories of using Road Master shocks?

Called my RV guy in MT, planning to have him install this kit as I'm 60 now and not as spry and young as I once was to do stuff on my back
    Anyone have these? I need them for 25 miles of wash board dirt road to get to our fishing hole in Central MT.

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...r/RM-2460.html
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed the Joyrider version almost 6 years ago and very happy with it. Especially when my Fiat is in the garage the trailer would act like a diving board after going over a bump. The bouncing would continue for several oscillations. Sometimes a bit unnerving.

After installing the kit it was MUCH better. Bouncing would settle down immediately. In fact a friend was following me once and commented on how nicely my trailer settled down after a bump (even without a load in the garage) compared to his.

Now almost 6 years later I noticed the bouncing has started to return. Hmmmm. Pulled off the shocks to check them and 4 were almost useless and 2 were still doing a little bit of dampening. I called Sonny (sold Joyrider a couple years ago) to get part number for replacement shocks and he was still happy to help. They are Gabriel 81878 (at least on my triple axle version.) I figure 5-1/2 years of good service is pretty good. New shocks go on next week.

It was a good reminder of how much the shocks helped with the bouncing.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had the Roadmaster Suspension RM-2460 installed on my 2021 Solitude 3740BH and the towing experience was massively improved! After our 2500 mile road trip I don't think I'd tow a trailer without shocks again! I called around to a number of shops and the three that were familiar with the product quoted 4 hours labor to install. At the time the rate was $120/hr.

If you look for a video on U tube titled, "Roadmaster Suspension Installation on RV Trailer" by rollinontv. Go to 4:12 and you can see a before and after inside video.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Installed on our Solitude myself and have several thousand miles on them now. Money and time well spent!!! You would not be disappointed.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the best Improvements you can make you won't be sorry Very noticeable
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 344GK
    B&W Companion 25,000
    Disc Brake conversion
    3 - X-Factor
    MORryde pinbox
    2007 GMC Topkick C5500 Duramax 6.6
    1 Wife 3 Scotties