User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Andersen 3217

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my Ford OEM 5th wheel prep kit, I drilled holes in the Andersen hitch, with Andersen’s approval, for the Ford OEM pucks. This also helps to prevent the hitch from rotating.

Here are some pictures.

First picture shows the coupler in the “reverse” position.

Last picture shows ample clearance to bed rails with the 3220 set at middle position and that I can get 75+ degrees of turn with the short bed.

Last edited by Jerryr; 02-22-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    BEWARE!..... THE 2020 Model year recommendation to use the 3217 is only for GM trucks according to the Andersen site, not Ford trucks.

http://download1481.mediafire.com/q2...20_Low_Res.pdf

I have a 3220 that I’ve used on my 2017, 2019 and 2020 F350. The truck beds are identical. There is no difference in the 2020 F250 short bed compared to the 2017 and 2019. In fact I transferred the BedRug Bedliner between all 3 trucks and they fit like a glove.

Now Ford did lower the rear suspension on the 2020 model year by about 1-2” with shorter blocks on the rear springs but the bed has exactly the same interior dimensions, so the original 3220 Andersen works fine.

I have 7-1/2” clearance from the top of bed rail to the trailer, with the Andersen set at the middle height.

I have my coupler mounted in the”reverse” position to allow clearance when in sharp turns.
    Thanks Jerryr

When you say reverse is that in front of king pin or behind. I had heard there was bed rail clearance issues when coupler was in front of king pin
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my Ford OEM 5th wheel prep kit, I drilled holes in the Andersen hitch, with Andersen’s approval, for the Ford OEM pucks. This also helps to prevent the hitch from rotating.

Here are some pictures.

First picture shows the coupler in the “reverse” position.

Last picture shows ample clearance to bed rails with the 3220 set at middle position and that I can get 75+ degrees of turn with the short bed.

I am thinking of getting the chain set where the chains connect to the goose neck ball via a bracket.
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kretzer View Post
    Thanks Jerryr

When you say reverse is that in front of king pin or behind. I had heard there was bed rail clearance issues when coupler was in front of king pin

Yes, behind king pin as in my first photo in my previous posting.
    Jerry & Linda
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking of getting the chain set where the chains connect to the goose neck ball via a bracket.
    The chain kit that connects to the goose ball came out after I modified the hitch with holes for the Ford pucks. The kit you referred to is an easy way to connect the chains but it only has a single point of failure if the goose ball comes loose or. breaks free.
    Jerry & Linda

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chain kit that connects to the goose ball came out after I modified the hitch with holes for the Ford pucks. The kit you referred to is an easy way to connect the chains but it only has a single point of failure if the goose ball comes loose or. breaks free.
    That's my worry, but, sadly, you're awesome modification isn't going to be a good idea on the Chevy. The safety mount points are under the diagonal-triangle piece of the hitch, and I definitely don't want to cut any of that off and weaken the hitch. If they were wider and under the flat rail part, like yours, then we'd be okay. It's annoying - just an inch or two one way or the other and the modification would be not needed or easy to do. It's like the perfect place to not be modifiable!
    I am returning my B&W ball and chain mounts and then went ahead and ordered these items from Anderson yesterday. Just going to have to live with the single point of failure for now:
    https://shop.andersenhitches.com/col...rsen-bed-shaft
    https://shop.andersenhitches.com/col...eel-connection
    https://shop.andersenhitches.com/col...ins-with-plate

**Note on ordering from Anderson. The message says they are running 4-6 weeks for shipping, due to Covid disruptions but things are shipping at a normal pace. I about had a heart attack with no hitch for that long, but already received confirmation things will be here Friday.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using an Andersen for about three years and have about 5000 miles on it. No problems. Towing a Solitude 310GK with a RAM 3500. It saves weight the bed and a lot of pain killers for my back when I want to remove it from the bed.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Item to note. Reversing the coupler, You do not gain clearance for 90 degree turns.
    Measurements from the pin/ball to the "side" of the RV never changes.
    Just the fore and aft when straight.

So, at 90 degree angle, the RV cap will be further fore or aft of the Side rail of the truck. Not tbe truck cab.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F350 SRW Level with Hitch with Anderson

Thanks Colin

Is you rig level using the hitch?
    My 2017 F350 SRW is level with the Anderson hitch. I have 20" wheels with a 29RS. I am very pleased that this worked out!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't speak from personal experience but my neighbor has that hitch and loves it. Spent 4 months traveling including a couple of months in Alaska rough roads and all. He said it worked great. He really likes the fact he can easily remove it when necessary. His old hitch weighed over 200 lbs.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast