User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Andersen 3217

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These pics are just what I needed thanks a lot. Seems no one is running that 3217 yet. I am between this and the gen Y goose. The only issue I have is the no warranty on the Gen Y thing although I’ve heard differing things about the AUC not being warranties either against frame damage.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this is what I found out since I started the thread I felt I should weigh in here with what I have my investigations have discovered.
    Talked to Anderson and they said with the F350 that you should go with the 3220 and that that should work fine given that the F350 is a little lower at the 2021 model year. The 3217 is really for the GM late model trucks. Secondly I have confirmed that the adapter plate is recommended when I talked to morryde. They said the Ball on Andersen can bend or pull in the skid plate on the unmodified morryde rubber pin box so did recommend that I buy the RPb77-006. Secondly they mentioned that there is some degradation of the movement of the rubber pin box. Front to back should be fine but left to right will be eliminated but the sales guy at morryde said I won’t even notice it.
    ,So I bought the Anderson 3220, the bed post, the rubber pad and the safety chains that looks like it’s going to be delivered in a couple days. I also bought the adapter plate for the pin box from Amazon and that’s being delivered tomorrow. The two key reasons for using the Anderson hitch were reduction in weight and ease of hooking up vs a slider. Unfortunately my truck is still A couple weeks away from being delivered so will not be able to inform all on how well this rig works but I’m hopeful I will get the turning radius I need with good weight as my ccc is close to being maxed out.
    Paul,Judy and Ember
    2021 310gk
    2019 ram 3500 mega cab dually diesel
    Andersen hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210313_145407.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	32732
    We did a quick shakedown last weekend. Here's the rig hitched with:
    - AUH 3217 on lowest of 3 settings
    - Anderson bed shaft in the factory 5th wheel prep anchors
    - Anti-skid rubber mat

I think we're still running just a hair high, but the rig is also not really loaded yet, so I expect the truck to squat another inch or two once we're loaded down. Would rather have the wiggle room to go up when necessary. I bet the 3220 at highest setting would also work right now, but then not leave us with any adjustment room when we start adding more weight.

Note: I mentioned before, but worth confirming this fixed my issue. First pull was on a B&W hitch ball, but it sat just a hair too low and the AUH couldn't torque all the way down to a snug fit into the bed, so I returned that and switched to the Anderson shaft and rubber mat. This fixed my issue with the AUH rotating in the bed a bit. It's all snug and tight, not one bit of rotation in the bed now.
    Last edited by JM0397; 03-16-2021 at 09:24 AM.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    We have new everything, including the higher AUH 3217, first tow just yesterday.
    It works great, plenty of clearance on the middle setting, might even be able to drop it one.
    Simple to install. My only complaint, and this is for GM/Chevy, is the hitch obstructs all 4 factory puck system safety chain mount points, so no I need to figure out where the chains are going to go.
    If you don’t have a gooseneck ball yet, consider buying one with the integrated eyeholes for safety chains. Not sure if Ford has same problem, only a few inches one way or the other and the factory holes would be fine.
    Otherwise it’s a great option if you want your bed free when not towing.
    I imagine you already learned that Anderson sells a safety chain kit, which includes an anchor point that goes on the gooseneck ball.

I saw a post on another forum where the gentleman drilled holes (with Andersen's blessing) to allow for puck use through the hitch. His installation was on a Ford, so I don't know if the pucks' alignment on a Chevy/GMC would allow for the same installation. Here is the link: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...n-hitch-5.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1546.jpg  

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by easy_e View Post
    I imagine you already learned that Anderson sells a safety chain kit, which includes an anchor point that goes on the gooseneck ball.

I saw a post on another forum where the gentleman drilled holes (with Andersen's blessing) to allow for puck use through the hitch. His installation was on a Ford, so I don't know if the pucks' alignment on a Chevy/GMC would allow for the same installation. Here is the link: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...n-hitch-5.html
    I’m honored. You called me a gentleman. I was the poster (Flyct) on the Ford FTE site who posted holes in my Andersen for Ford pucks. I’ve been using it for almost 5 years now in 3 different Super Duty trucks.

Unfortunately the puck location on GM trucks doesn’t line up where holes could be drilled in the Andersen hitch

Andersen does have a solution with this kit https://andersenhitches.com/collecti...ins-with-plate
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I’m honored. You called me a gentleman. I was the poster (Flyct) on the Ford FTE site who posted holes in my Andersen for Ford pucks. I’ve been using it for almost 5 years now in 3 different Super Duty trucks.

Unfortunately the puck location on GM trucks doesn’t line up where holes could be drilled in the Andersen hitch

Andersen does have a solution with this kit https://andersenhitches.com/collecti...ins-with-plate
    Yes, that's what I ended up using. Center-line holes would work, but cutting off the side of each rail, as would be necessary on a Chevy-GM, no bueno.
    It makes for a single point of failure on the stalk, but I feel that's an extremely low-probability failure scenario.

One point of advice we discussed elsewhere a few months ago, make sure you test the safety chain length against your emergency break cable and the cable is SHORTER!
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234