User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Towing with PullRite Superlite/Andersen hitch question

I am new to these forums. We don't have a GD yet but plan on purchasing a used Reflection 295RL 150 series as soon as our 2500 RAM truck is here. It's on order and should be here in April. The 5th wheel GVWR is 10995 however we will never have it fully loaded. Probably closer to 10000 or less.

Trying to get everything in order prior. The truck will be a 2500 4x4 crew cab with a reg bed, 6.4ft. Really wanting a lightweight hitch so it doesn't add much weight and that it's easy to remove if needed. Have been looking at the Andersen Ultimate and the PullRite Superlite 2400 or 2600. I know the trailer comes with a turning point pin box and that may be a problem with these type of hitches. Can it be locked out to work with the lightweights or is there an adapter for the pin box?

Any information or suggestions will be appreciated.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From everything I can find, the Turning Point pin box is not compatible with the Andersen or PullRite SuperLite hitches. You will need a conventional fifth wheel hitch.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    From everything I can find, the Turning Point pin box is not compatible with the Andersen or PullRite SuperLite hitches. You will need a conventional fifth wheel hitch.

Rob
    Thank you Rob. I know there are people who use them, I am just going to have to contact GD and the Hitch companies.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use it with those hitches, but you must lockout the turning point, which will make it a conventional pinbox. There is two bolts that should come with it that will do that. If you want to use the turning point, than you need a conventional hitch.

I have a Sidewinder (same pinbox, just different name), for my trailer. I have a short box, and the angle of my driveway from the road makes the trailer/truck cab too close for me when I back/turn in for a gooseneck or non-sliding hitch.
    Last edited by Wileykid; 03-19-2022 at 09:05 AM.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    You can use it with those hitches, but you must lockout the turning point, which will make it a conventional pinbox. There is two bolts that should come with it that will do that. If you want to use the turning point, than you need a conventional hitch.

I have a Sidewinder (same pinbox, just different name), for my trailer. I have a short box, and the angle of my driveway from the road makes the trailer/truck cab too close for me when I back/turn in for a gooseneck or non-sliding hitch.
    Ok. Thank you for that information.
    RAM 2500/crew cab/4x4/Big Horn/reg bed/HEMI
    Looking for used 2020-2021 Grand Design 295RL

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my ram 2018 ram 3500 SB with the PullRite Superlite #2600 now this is on level ground but I always watch were I'm going but it can be done, I don't worry about it now because I have a LB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3392.jpg   DSCN3398.jpg   DSCN3396.jpg   DSCN3395.jpg  
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2022 GD Reflection 150 Series 260RD and we use the Andersen Ultimate Hitch. We just lock the Turning Point pin box as @Wileykid stated. There is also an adapter for the pin box that comes with the Andersen hitch. It pulls great and is easy to install and use.
    Ross & Sue | Papillion, Nebraska
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2020 F-350 XLT CCSB FX4 7.3L Gas
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, whichever one he go with you can't go wrong, it's a preference whichever one you like let us know which one did you decide.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2020 GD Reflection 295RL with the turning point hitch. To pull it I have a 2019 F250 diesel (6.3/4 bed). I have the Pullrite Super 5th (1600) hitch, and in 2 years of towing have not had any issues. I like the way that the pin is totally surrounded by the "Hook arm", and not by the "claws" of the other hitches

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklatraveler View Post
    The 5th wheel GVWR is 10995 however we will never have it fully loaded. Probably closer to 10000 or less.
    My hat is off to you! Let's take a poll. Everyone that doesn't load their RV up to or very close to GVWR, raise their hand.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast