Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2021 367bhs auto level issue

Hello all just purchased a 2021 367 bhs 5th wheel, sold our house now we’re full time in it. When I had this parked in front of my house the auto leveling worked great not so much there after. We are now at our second camp spot and still no luck fixing this issue on my own. When ever I select auto level it’s pretty far off, the nose is dipped down and sided to side is not level. I have the little push pad on the front side of the trailer and the screen on the inside of the cargo hold. I have been searching for a way to calibrate this with no luck yet. I have been leveling it manually but that does not allow me to put out the center Jack’s. I’ll post some pictures of the two equipment screens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3444.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	32240

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Name:	IMG_3445.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	32241

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what happened or how to fix other than warranty claim...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you need to set the zero point of the system. Do a quick google search for LCI zero point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem and have yet to find a fix.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on my second GD 5th wheel. Presently I have a 2019 337rls Reflection. Well over 22k miles. The lippert system is very very flawed. I have to use manual most of the time. Lack of extension of levelers, frame flex, manual mode does not allow for individual jack control. Yes you can add as much wood, or whatever you want to achieve a level profile, but with that if you look closely you will have frame flex that can tweak the wall not to mention improper placement under the wheels can lift them again causing frame flex. This system is BS on uneven ground.

Fast forward to a level site, press auto level and you are good to go. I have zero point many times and on uneven ground it makes no difference.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've owned three Grand Design 5th wheels. A Reflection and two Solitudes. The auto level in all three of them worked flawlessly. I always started by setting the zero point calibration when the unit was new. Before you start the auto level process, you need to make sure the nose is high. It usually is just by unhitching the truck. If the site is reasonably level, the nose is high and you did the initial calibration, the system should work fine. If it doesn't, I'd call Lippert. The system won't work if the site is quite a bit out of level. The jacks simply won't have enough travel.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate your input but the system is still flawed. It become more obvious as you speak to lippert and study their guide in depth. Yes their are work arounds for uneven ground but but side to side over 0.3 degrees on the reflection starts issues. But who cares, I was just responding to that persons level issues. But owners should know the the level up 3.0 system is far removed from the Solitudes hydraulic operation and range of operation..to me after a lot of miles on these units it is a great disappointment.

Zero point calibration is achieved from a level ground position. Once that is done auto level by the level up system will go to that point. That is how it is designed and it does not care how it gets there. Lipperts problem is that these jacks have no range of operation to address uneven ground. It will error before done or you will have tire lift without proper shims under the tires. These units should have complete manual control of each jack and a stronger frame. Have a nice day that is to much talk for me.
    Last edited by titanxd; 05-05-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our maiden voyage over the weekend with our Reflection. We were camped on a very nice concrete site which was nearly perfect (very slight slope for water drainage). I hit auto level and after the front jacks stopped, the rear jacks extended and wouldn't stop, I finally had to abort (hitting any button on the pad) when I noticed the wheels off the ground. A little worrisome to say the least...got them back down in manual mode. I contacted Lippert and recommended the zero point calibration and ask if I had a manual- which I did. Of course the manual instructions and screen shots looked nothing like my control panel (our panel looks just like ComVet's)...found a LCI video on YouTube and was able to zero point it. This happened on a concrete site...can't wait until we get on a unlevel gravel site (sarcasm)
    Last edited by SmokeyBear; 05-05-2021 at 11:47 AM.
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali 3500
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    Gen Y 5th Wheel to Gooseneck Conversion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComVet View Post
    Hello all just purchased a 2021 367 bhs 5th wheel, sold our house now we’re full time in it. When I had this parked in front of my house the auto leveling worked great not so much there after. We are now at our second camp spot and still no luck fixing this issue on my own. When ever I select auto level it’s pretty far off, the nose is dipped down and sided to side is not level. I have the little push pad on the front side of the trailer and the screen on the inside of the cargo hold. I have been searching for a way to calibrate this with no luck yet. I have been leveling it manually but that does not allow me to put out the center Jack’s. I’ll post some pictures of the two equipment screens.

Name:	IMG_3444.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	32240
    Comvet,
    You will need to set the zero point prior to ever hitting auto level. It is not even close coming out of the factory. We just picked up a 2021 337RLS and I had to email Lippert to get the current instructions on how to set this. All the information I found on the internet was outdated as they had just released a new software version. Lippert sent me the new setup procedure for the revised software within hours and we have had excellent results ever since.

Good luck,
    Dutchman2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast