User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Greetings from New Zealand

Hi I am Tony In New Zealand
    Have an Imagine 2670MK 2021 on order (early May am expecting as Americans are gobbling them up) It will need some converting by dealer. We have 240v Mains and different mains sockets, we are on LPG not butane. Need local Warrant of Fitness, Registration, Self containment Certs and Gas Certs. Holding off on most options as dealer options/upgrade prices seem a bit high. Will be living/working in it - in a powered holiday park 10 months a year. Temp range 0-34C (32F-94F) Travelling 2 months a year because New Zealand has a lot to offer a traveler. Newbie to Caravans(Trailers) (experienced with Tents though). Looking forward to the life a bit. Wife and I are separating and selling house so will be mostly be on my own. Don't want to be paying rent so this is the lifestyle choice. Dealer is 6 hours away unfortunately. Have a tow car that is a bit different from ya'all's Dodge trucks. (we call anything with a tray here a UTE (Utility Vehicle)). Pickup trucks included.
    New Zealand has no community Covid transmission so fairly unique in the world - except those in Isolation at the borders thankfully.
    I am picking we will successfully defend the America's Cup in a months time so going to Auckland from Wellington for that with my new tent.
    Anyway that is all for a first post - Hi everyone!.
    Last edited by Sparkiwi; 02-12-2021 at 03:46 AM.

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome! I think you're the first Kiwi I've seen on the forum. In my opinion, you live in one of the most beautiful places on the planet and a great place to spend time in the outdoors.

BTW - butane is not used in RVs in the us. We're on LPG/propane, as well. It's amazing to me that RVs are shipped all the way down there... there are several excellent lines built in Australia (I don't know about NZ).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I didn't realize GD had sales beyond North America. Welcome to the group.
    New Zealand is almost as nice as Canada. Lol just kidding. My wife had the pleasure of visiting your lovely country some time ago and keeps telling me that I can't go because if I do I would never leave there.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum!
    Sounds like the work to be done for a warrant of fitness could be expensive. Receptacles, converter etc..
    I'd like to get down to NZ someday, but I likely won't be bringing the RV. lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkiwi View Post
    Hi I am Tony In New Zealand
    Have an Imagine 2670MK 2021 on order (early May am expecting as Americans are gobbling them up) It will need some converting by dealer. We have 240v Mains and different mains sockets, we are on LPG not butane. Need local Warrant of Fitness, Registration, Self containment Certs and Gas Certs. Holding off on most options as dealer options/upgrade prices seem a bit high. Will be living/working in it - in a powered holiday park 10 months a year. Temp range 0-34C (32F-94F) Travelling 2 months a year because New Zealand has a lot to offer a traveler. Newbie to Caravans(Trailers) (experienced with Tents though). Looking forward to the life a bit. Wife and I are separating and selling house so will be mostly be on my own. Don't want to be paying rent so this is the lifestyle choice. Dealer is 6 hours away unfortunately. Have a tow car that is a bit different from ya'all's Dodge trucks. (we call anything with a tray here a UTE (Utility Vehicle)). Pickup trucks included.
    New Zealand has no community Covid transmission so fairly unique in the world - except those in Isolation at the borders thankfully.
    I am picking we will successfully defend the America's Cup in a months time so going to Auckland from Wellington for that with my new tent.
    Anyway that is all for a first post - Hi everyone!.
    Where about are you. I have a friend in Perth.

Back in 1972 I toured the north island with the US Boy Scouts (big NZ national jamboree) With the help of some Kiwi blokes be beat an Aussie troop at Football. All I remember it was kill the man with the ball Football with no rules as we were told. Man did I take a beating.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Where about are you. I have a friend in Perth.

Back in 1972 I toured the north island with the US Boy Scouts (big NZ national jamboree) With the help of some Kiwi blokes be beat an Aussie troop at Football. All I remember it was kill the man with the ball Football with no rules as we were told. Man did I take a beating.
    Hi powerscol
    Perth is about 5300km's away and in a different country I been to may places on the east coast of Australia but not the west (although I have cousins there)

Ha Rugby football does have many rules but not much padding or helmets. It is New Zealand's National game and we (mostly) beat the Aussies.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkiwi View Post
    Hi powerscol
    Perth is about 5300km's away and in a different country I been to may places on the east coast of Australia but not the west (although I have cousins there)

Ha Rugby football does have many rules but not much padding or helmets. It is New Zealand's National game and we (mostly) beat the Aussies.
    I do enjoy a good game of rugby!

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sparkiwi welcome to the group and being a proud owner of a Grand Design RV. Personally I think they are definitely one of the better built rv's now. I envy you living in NZ. Every program or movie for that matter shows it as an utterly stunning place to live. I am also jealous of you zero Covid-19 rate. Wow, to live like old times with no mask.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"