Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Queen Mattress

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Queen Mattress

We just bought an Imagine 2500BK and the mattress has to go. I have looked on line and don’t trust reviews. I would rather hear from people who aren’t making their living writing reviews. Has anyone found something they LOVE? I am not rich but I will spend enough money to get a good nights sleep.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jennings View Post
    We just bought an Imagine 2500BK and the mattress has to go. I have looked on line and don’t trust reviews. I would rather hear from people who aren’t making their living writing reviews. Has anyone found something they LOVE? I am not rich but I will spend enough money to get a good nights sleep.
    Lol why does it have to go? Just kidding. We replaced it with Zinus bought on Amazon. After some reached, it had really good reviews and is one of the lightest. We got the 8" but could have went with the 10". We really like it. Its night and day with the original one. Lol.
    We found the padding on our dinette cushions to soft so I cut up the original mattress and made cushions for the dinette.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for Casper original, as I’ve slept on that bed for 5+ years and we just moved it into the travel trailer as we upgrade to a larger bed. The new Casper original is upgraded versus what I have, but we have laid on it and would buy the current version. We put a mattress breather thing under it in the trailer.

I am currently sleeping on a Tuft and Needle original destined to become our guest bed. Very happy with it as well. I read reviews that said >200lbs would find this particular bed too soft and would agree, but at 180lbs I love it and so does my (smaller) wife.

Both of these beds are on the medium to medium firm side, and neither has that sink-in feeling of, say, a tempur pedic. Depending on your preferences, that can be good or bad. For me it’s good and we sleep comfortably.

Between the two, I would buy the Casper again as my everyday bed, but would buy the T&N for a trailer in a heartbeat - it’s half the price and still very comfortable. One of the biggest plus factors for both is that they do not sleep hot - a lot of foam beds do in my experience. Both are very highly rated in numerous places. Some Macy’s have Casper in the store, some Lowe’s stores sell the T&N but don’t have a display, just the bed in a box.
    2022 Transcend Xplor 240ML
    2019 Imagine XLS 17MKE (sold 8/22)
    2017 Ford F-150 XLT 5.0 Fx4
    Blue Ox WDH

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind a different mattress may make using the under bed storage difficult
    If the weight exceeds the strut arms they won’t hold the mattress up

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just went to the mattress store and bought a queen size that was on sale. There you get to try them first. They also delivered and took the old one away.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point. I was wondering if that would work or if we needed something like a platform bed mattress since the will be no box spring. Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info! Love your reimagination of The old mattress!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jennings View Post
    Good point. I was wondering if that would work or if we needed something like a platform bed mattress since the will be no box spring. Thanks.
    I will say the new mattress is thicker than the OEM and it makes harder to get into, especially for the dogs. Had no problem just using the mattress.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    Keep in mind a different mattress may make using the under bed storage difficult
    If the weight exceeds the strut arms they won’t hold the mattress up

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    I thought that is what the back of your head was for?
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also replaced our original mattress with a Casper. We liked it so much that we bought another one and put it on our bed at home. Costco now sells them for less than online. It was a lot heavier than the original so we had to replace the struts underneath.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast