User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Queen Mattress

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Butcher24 View Post
    For those of you replacing a queen with a Casper or other nice foam mattress, did y'all have to expand the base at all? The plywood base or platform is a few inches short on all sides and I worry about that messing up the mattress over time. What did y'all do?
    We just left the base as is and no issues. Sides are a little softer when sitting just on the edge.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jennings View Post
    Has anyone found something they LOVE? I am not rich but I will spend enough money to get a good nights sleep.
    We recently replaced our trailer mattress (regular innerspring) with a Dream Cloud hybrid. They also have a slightly plusher version than the one we chose.

We've never had a better, easier transition to a new mattress. I love it and don't wake up with sore body parts or numb fingers from pressure points since the change. A happy medium between the 2 types I guess.

We choose this for a few reasons, sinking into memory foam makes it much more painful to turn over with my back problems. Also a few people had commented their mem foam is on the hard side ... which seems contradictory to me... you sink bit it's hard... Anyhow after lots of reading and questioning people, none we spoke to had this mattress that is what we picked. They have a nice discount for veterans as a bouns. The info on that is at the very bottom of their web pages.. we got a healthy $144 discount

We have it on the same oem wood base, the other mattress suffered no damage over the 6 yrs it was in there.
    Good luck choosing!!

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    We’d endorse the Zinus 8”.
    We went with a Zinus topper. Very comfortable.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced ours this past February on the way to Florida. We did not want to purchase a mattress without trying it first. We ended up buying a HAUGSVÄR hybrid mattress for $399 at Ikea. They had it in stock at the store. We slept on in 5 weeks while we were gone and love it! It came rolled up tight which made it simple to get into the bedroom of our Solitude 2930. For us, it was an excellent solution that we'd do again.
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL
    2021 RAM 3500 SRW CC Short Box HO Cummins Rear Air Suspension

Setting Up Camp
    Just west of the longitudinal center of Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our 2150RB we slept on the included mattress once. And only once. Maybe just don't include a mattress if everyone has to replace it anyhow. Make the trailer a little cheaper in price for it.

We put in a mattress from IKEA just like roegs01 did, don't remember the model. We added a 2" latex foam topper to this. Better but still not ideal. I will move it to our new 2670MK next month and leave the included one with the 2150RB we are trading in. We have 12" full latex mattress at home (split king) and after 8 years, still the best sleeping mattress I've ever found. Problem is they are very expensive and very heavy. If you can afford the weight and the cost, you should look into this. When researching for the latex mattress I found that Memory Foam starts breaking down after a few years use and you get saggy spots on the mattress, especially if you are heavier (me). Latex mattresses often come with 20+ year warranties.

I remember sleeping on a Sleep Number bed at a hotel room I was in about a decade ago and while it was OK, I wouldn't rush out to get one. To each his/her own. One question and a megatude of replies, all different. More food for thought.
    Tom & Sherry

2022 Ram 2500 Big Horn Crew, 6.4L

2022 GD 2670MK

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234