User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queen Mattress

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all. Less than a week in with our ‘21 2800BH and are looking to replace the mattress. We are trying to find the most comfortable option with the least amount of chemicals and are down to weight and thickness as a determining factor. Are there any specs around re how thick we can go while clearing the bedside cubbies and ,more importantly, the max weight the struts on the platform can handle?

Thanks
    Matt

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abramsma View Post
    Hi all. Less than a week in with our ‘21 2800BH and are looking to replace the mattress. We are trying to find the most comfortable option with the least amount of chemicals and are down to weight and thickness as a determining factor. Are there any specs around re how thick we can go while clearing the bedside cubbies and ,more importantly, the max weight the struts on the platform can handle?

Thanks
    Matt
    There are many threads on this topic, and ask 10 people and you will get 12 different answers on the mattress.

However, most residential mattresses are fine replacements for the RV one. As for the shocks, some of us use a broom handle or 2x2 to hold it open, others use their spouse...

The height of the mattress is up to you. If you are tall and like to sit up in bed, you might want a thinner mattress...

The most important thing is to find a mattress you all like, don't worry about the rest.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I searched specifically for the weight and I guess I didn’t find an answer based on the alternatives mentioned. This is helpful, thank you.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abramsma View Post
    Fair enough. I searched specifically for the weight and I guess I didn’t find an answer based on the alternatives mentioned. This is helpful, thank you.
    We couldn't stand the mattress that ours came with and because we are very close on our towing limits my research was about comfort (based on reviews) and weight. This lead me the Zinus. The bonus is the price was reasonable and we really love it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the size you want

My original Solitude mattress was great the first night, OK the second night,.... and terrible by the third night. That was it, my hips were done, I was replacing it.

I went looking for a simple foam mattress. The one I found was on Amazon and is under the name "travel happy". There we a lot of sizes and variations so I had to contact them. I ended up talking to them on the phone about standard sizes and they said they would make one to the size I want. There was an amazon listing (hard to find) that you had to enter the desired dimensions for a custom size. I have no idea if they still do this, but it might be worth checking out.

It fits perfectly and I have been happy with the comfort so far. (I ended up with a 10" thick one). We made no modifications to use this mattress.
    Rob
    Rob & Kathy
    2019 F350 CCSB SRW, w/Demco Autoslide.
    2019 Solitude 310GK.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jennings View Post
    We just bought an Imagine 2500BK and the mattress has to go. I have looked on line and don’t trust reviews. I would rather hear from people who aren’t making their living writing reviews. Has anyone found something they LOVE? I am not rich but I will spend enough money to get a good nights sleep.
    We bought a Casper, love it. I've seen a large handful of good reports here about a Costco foam mattress for less money. Lotta people here have bought the expensive Sleep Number mattress; they love it.

Good luck with your choices.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally talked DW into a new mattress. The original was like sleeping on a slab of granite...she liked it. Bought one from Brooklyn Mattress, they are out of Phoenix Az. (go figure the name), Got their Arctic Dreams in a RV King, it's about 10 1/2" thick w/individually encased coils. (rvmattress.com). Not their most expensive, but it went into the trailer.
    Only slept on it for a few nights but really like it so far.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Gone Traveling
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have had a Tempurpedic for over 6 years and wouldn’t have anything else. The one that mattressive.com recommends.
    In that time, it has stayed perfectly flat, no identations. Never need to turn it (although I do rotate it about every 6 months).
    We put a sheeps wool mattress pad on it which we really like.
    Last edited by roccor; 04-15-2021 at 02:15 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    I finally talked DW into a new mattress. The original was like sleeping on a slab of granite...she liked it. Bought one from Brooklyn Mattress, they are out of Phoenix Az. (go figure the name), Got their Arctic Dreams in a RV King, it's about 10 1/2" thick w/individually encased coils. (rvmattress.com). Not their most expensive, but it went into the trailer.
    Only slept on it for a few nights but really like it so far.
    We're thinking about this one, too. So, after 4 months, what do you think?
    2019 Solitude 310GK
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat SRW CC Short Bed, Power Stroke 6.7L
    Pullrite Superglide 16k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went with a 10" Zinus from Amazon. Weighs 51 pounds and no need to change struts, etc. Great mattress, we sleep well on it.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2400
    2019 F150 XLT 4x4, 3.5 EcoBoost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast