Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kitchen Island drawer addition

Hey all. 2019 351M. The kitchen island has 3 drawers and at the top, an empty space. Presumably no drawer there because of clearance for the island electrical outlet on that side. I know I could modify a drawer to fit there, and my wife wants one there. If I could just get my hands on the stock sliders and a matching drawer I'm sure I could modify it to fit. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this setup? The GD parts site does not show this as a replacement part or I'd just buy the setup and do the mod. Looking for a little help here. Thanks.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Hey all. 2019 351M. The kitchen island has 3 drawers and at the top, an empty space. Presumably no drawer there because of clearance for the island electrical outlet on that side. I know I could modify a drawer to fit there, and my wife wants one there. If I could just get my hands on the stock sliders and a matching drawer I'm sure I could modify it to fit. Anyone have a suggestion as to how to get this setup? The GD parts site does not show this as a replacement part or I'd just buy the setup and do the mod. Looking for a little help here. Thanks.
    There is a parts lookup feature on the Grand Design web site. When I went there two years ago looking for drawers for a contemplated project I didn't find any, but maybe something has changed. (In the end I didn't do the project.)

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup

Barring that, a call to Grand Design customer service is likely your best bet.

574-825-9679​

Good luck.
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Did you end up doing this mod to the drawer space? I’m looking for advice on how to do it myself.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have Facebook, I have a post there that explains the process. https://www.facebook.com/groups/5834...14982885510816

Basically, all you really need to do is have your VIN# for your RV, Call Grand design parts dept. 574-825-9679, tell them you want a drawer made to match the other 3. They will ask you to take measurements but I just gave them the measurements of one of the other drawers. They will get back to you with a quote for the drawer build (make sure you tell them you want the slides) plus shipping. So now you have the drawer, all you need to do is knock out the blank, build a support in the rear. I just bought a piece of paint grade hardwood plank at Lowes and a few angle brackets to attache the slides to. It was super simple.
    Last edited by Nogrey; 06-28-2021 at 07:53 PM.