User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After looking at all the above options, I was struck by how many filters there are. Originally I thought an RO system would deliver the best tasting water but after learning that those typically use 4 gal. of waste water to produce 1 gal. of drinkable water we decided against that. Your posts helped convince me that a two or three stage under counter unit would produce as good a tasting water w/o the waste. Also, I like the carbon block filters you mentioned. I searched for those and found a link to the 11 best under counter filters per a www.waterfiltermag.com article. Looking at those I decided on APEC WFS-1000 3 Stage Under-Sink Water Filter System based on cost ($139.), ease of install, filter replacement of carbon block filters and that it has a high flow rate compared to others. I think we'll use an inline filter between hose and city water hook up. I'll look at all your posts again for guidance on that. Again, thanks for all your input and the creative approaches you used. You moved my thinking enough that if this works well, I'll get something to replace our RO house drinking water system! Again, thanks!
    Bob

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 3 stage filter system from RV Water Filter Store. It seems to do the job:
    https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/w...riple-canister
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLexx View Post
    We have a 3 stage filter system from RV Water Filter Store. It seems to do the job:
    https://www.rvwaterfilterstore.com/w...riple-canister
    This is an excellent source for RV water filters. We had their 2-stage unit for a previous travel trailer. When we purchased our Solitude 310GK which came with a filter in the wet bay, I split the two stage filtration and added one canister to the wet bay, re routed the water line to accept the additional filter. The original filter canister now houses a sediment filter and the second canister houses a carbon filter, both I purchase from RV Filter Store. We then added a UV drinking water system https://acuvatech.com/. This unit is installed with a separate filter under the sink prior to entering the UV unit. This addition provides the very best and safest drinking water and has been one of our best mods to our 5th wheel.
    The unit is not cheap, we paid over $500.00 so may be out of the OP's reported price point in which case a two or 3-stage system from RV Filter store will do a fine job.
    Last edited by BB&LAB; 02-27-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Regards, Bruce, Lin An, Kenji & Suki (Our two Akitas)
    2019 Solitude 310GK-R
    2015 Ram 3500 Big Horn CC, TD, Aisin Tranny, DRW

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UV disinfection is one of the gold standards of water disinfection. It's expensive but if you've got questionable water, physical filtration combined with UV disinfection is pretty much the best thing you can do other than filtering than boiling and recondensing.

Quote Originally Posted by BB&LAB View Post
    This is an excellent source for RV water filters. We had their 2-stage unit for a previous travel trailer. When we purchased our Solitude 310GK which came with a filter in the wet bay, I split the two stage filtration and added one canister to the wet bay, re routed the water line to accept the additional filter. The original filter canister now houses a sediment filter and the second canister houses a carbon filter, both I purchase from RV Filter Store. We then added a UV drinking water system https://acuvatech.com/. This unit is installed with a separate filter under the sink prior to entering the UV unit. This addition provides the very best and safest drinking water and has been one of our best mods to our 5th wheel.
    The unit is not cheap, we paid over $500.00 so may be out of the OP's reported price point in which case a two or 3-stage system from RV Filter store will do a fine job.
    2017 Ford F450 - our kids call her "Big Red"
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 28bh

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under Sink Water Filter 💦

I’ve been using this Rainfresh system in my last 3 RV’s. The water tastes great and it filters down to 0.3 microns making the water microbiology safe to drink.
    http://rainfresh.ca/wp/wp-content/up.../UCS2-2019.pdf

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobWestdorp View Post
    ....Is going with a single filter at source and an under sink filter for drinking water a good option?
    Thanks!
    We bought a Aqua Sana two-filter system for our last RV and another one for this one as soon as we got it home. It seems nicely built and looks nice... https://www.amazon.com/Aquasana-2-St...4827477&sr=8-6.

It mounts with two screws with keyholes in the back for mounting to anything wood. Just be sure to look up Youtube videos about how to "properly" drill through the hard plastic countertop without cracking it. It comes with a length of 1/4 plastic tubing with the push-style inlet and outlet connectors. The unit can be purchased with a chrome, brass, or brushed nickel dispenser above the counter.

Because we live in the northern climate and winterization happens frequently, I put a "T" in the cold water PEX line to the kitchen sink then used a quick-connect after a pet-cock so I could remove it if necessary. For winterization I remove the filters and store them in a Zip-Loc bag. Caveat: With the filters removed internal valves will not allow the removal of the water trapped inside the unit. I cut two pieces of plastic pipe that fit inside the filter canisters (the filters are separate from the canisters) that push the valves open when the canisters are screwed on. This allows me to blow the extra water with the inlet tube. I get a few tablespoons of water collected in both filter canisters. My dear brother installed one in his RV. He is now on his third one because he could never remember remove the trapped water before winter. Now, if he can remember, he loosens the two screws an takes the unit into his house.

One last thing. We drink lots of iced tea here. With city water pressure we can fill a 3-quart pitcher in about 2-3 minutes. With the pump add another minute or two, but our filters haven't been replaced in four seasons or so...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210303_223120282[1].jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	32486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210303_223245561[1].jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	32487
    Last edited by fez111; 03-03-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife and I are kinda fanatical about quality drinking water. My system starts with a Camco water filter to filter out sediment and whatever else it filters. It is connected to a ClearSource Ultra setup the feeds the trailer. And just to make sure we have a Frizzle Life water filter under the kitchen sink with it's own faucet just for drinking. Probably overkill by most peoples standards.
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE
    2020 F150 XLT V6 EcoBoost SuperCrew 4x4 w/Max trailer towing package

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXkmpr View Post
    too early. Here is the link for the above.

http://www.purewaterproducts.com/garden-hose-filters
    Hey TXkmpr, haven't seen much chatter about using the Pure Water Products line in RVs or travel trailers; how are they working out for you? The price seems right and installation looks like a breeze.
    Dave Gaines
    Kentucky Gentleman Farmer
    1997 F-350 Quad Cab
    2020 Grand Design 315RLTS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use an iSpring two stage spin down filters and the Essential Whole RV filters from the RV Water Filter store.
    The spin down filters trap large sediment and last a very long time. They can be flushed with a valve on the bottom of the filter.
    The Essential filters are mounted after the spin down filter and have a carbon filter for improving water tastes. Works very well.

I should add these are filtering well water.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw someone that had a nice 3 stage filter system but had put one of those inexpensive in-line Camco filters in front of it. I asked why the cheap $10 filter with the nice 3-stage? He said his much more expensive 3-stage filters last twice as long with the cheap Camco taking out a lot of the bigger stuff. Anyone else doing this?
    btw…he said he drinks out of the RV sinks no problem anywhere he is at. He said the combo saves enough on bottled water to pay for itself many times over…
    Last edited by Shredder; 01-16-2023 at 02:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast