We bought our S-class 3550BH in December. At the time it didn't come with the Tire Linc although the dealer thought it should (it wasn't in the rig). I called GD and gave my VIN and they said yes, it should have had it. I told the dealer, they contacted GD and was told the same thing. So GD sent the dealer a kit that includes the sensors, the transmitter and the remote receiver.

I go to install and there is no base. Ugh. I contacted GD and now am being told that my VIN did NOT have the TPMS included and thus no base. The new info is that I'm about 500 units short of when they started including.

OK - so I have the kit but no base (the base is the thing that connect to power in the rig). I've talked to GD and they said talk to the dealer. The dealer isn't helpful and says I should talk to GD. I called Lippert and they said I have an OEM kit with no base as the base should be installed already and they don't sell just the base.

So - does anyone know how to get a base? Other choice is, forego the base and just wire the thing in directly. Does the base do anything other than provide 12V power????