User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Crown 6CRV260 260 AH ASM battery - anyone using them?

I ran across this battery today Crown 6CRV260 Its an AGM 6V GC2H battery. Packs a whopping 260 AH. Reviews seem good. I know a few folks are using the brand here. Thoughts? Looking to build a bank of 4 if I can find a good place to get them. I don't think I have a dealer anywhere near me.

Thanks for any help.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    I ran across this battery today Crown 6CRV260 Its an AGM 6V GC2H battery. Packs a whopping 260 AH. Reviews seem good. I know a few folks are using the brand here. Thoughts? Looking to build a bank of 4 if I can find a good place to get them. I don't think I have a dealer anywhere near me.

Thanks for any help.
    The 260 ah is not really surprising. For years I used Lifeline 6 volts at 240 ah. The Lifelines had an incredible warranty . They are the only AGM which can be equalized which increases battery lifetime and prevents sulfation suffocation. My banks of Lifelines 6x6 6-volt. Lasted 10 years.

Make sure you have a good battery mo it or and good 3 stage charger.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for any help.
    I'm using the Crown 6CRV220 and put them in the below box. I bought 2 from BatteryPlus when they ran a special in December and two from the BatteryStore. The difference is GC2 vice GC2H. Too early to give any type of recommendations. I like that they were made in the USA not that I'm a "Buy America" guy but the quality control for the lead purity is important and I think done better in the US. It has to be true, I read it on the internet!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wjpatter View Post
    I'm using the Crown 6CRV220 and put them in the below box. I bought 2 from BatteryPlus when they ran a special in December and two from the BatteryStore. The difference is GC2 vice GC2H. Too early to give any type of recommendations. I like that they were made in the USA not that I'm a "Buy America" guy but the quality control for the lead purity is important and I think done better in the US. It has to be true, I read it on the internet!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Thanks Bill
    Are you using two of the battery boxes you linked? And if I may ask - what was the pricing then? Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Bill
    Are you using two of the battery boxes you linked? And if I may ask - what was the pricing then? Thanks
    It is the same price now, $80.74. I have mixed emotions about the box given the price. The batteries fix snug so no shimming required. The plastic is thin but molded to give rigidity so the space above the box is usable for stacking. The mounting holes in the feet look like they should work but don't. I used 1/4" SS bolts to mount but I was afraid the plastic would rip with a serious stop. I reinforced all sides of the box with angle stock. I could have done that with the batteries and not need the box. So, 2 boxes are $160. Some argue that AGM batteries don't required ventilation. I also like the fact the the batteries aren't sitting on the steel floor and it does have a nice, finished look to it which most of my projects don't.
    Bill & Marsha
    2020 Reflection 320 MKS
    2018 2500HD Silverado 4x4
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help everyone. Please keep the comments coming