User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pull out bed in 337rls

Hi everyone! We are new owners of a 2015 337rls and had our first camping trip. Was wondering what kind of bedding you use for the pullout couch bed. Our son and his wife went with us and slept on that bed and said it is very uncomfortable. They said the bed makes you feel your sleeping downhill because of couch cushion at end of bed. Anyway any suggestions would be appreciated. Other than that it was wonderful and we love this 5th wheel!!!! Thanks Tara

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our 2014 337RLS, the two cushions on the back of the couch come off (I'm almost sure) and we store them on the end tables. We put a thick comforter on top of the foam mattress. Then we use a queen fitted sheet and stretch it around the 'wings' or 'ears' of the couch. Daughter and grandkids haven't complained.
    I have read that others think they are sleeping downhill and that the bed folded out is not level.
    Check this thread for a fix to that problem.

http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...highlight=sofa

K
    Ken & Wilma
    Central Maryland
    2014 Reflection 337RLS #439
    2011 F250 CC 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever reason, GD builds with pull out couch legs that are too long. This has been communicated back to them and I am amazed that they are still doing this. This thread explains how to cut down the legs and solve the problem.
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...ghlight=Loving

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on your new Reflection! And welcome! We love our 337RLS, 11 months old now, still get crazy excited every time we get to use it.
    We did lower the legs to make bed level, am kinda surprised too that they still make them that way. Our 17 year old son sleeps on it, never complained about comfort until we took a two week trip, so now we've got foam egg crate to try.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen fitted sheet over a 2" memory foam topper.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for the valuable info!!! we will cut down the legs, invest in egg foam and get the queen sheets. My sons and their families will be so happy we can fix the downhill Tara

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our daughter and grandson took the train and met up with us for the last leg of our trip. This was the first time the hide a bed was used and she said it was comfortable but turned around part of the way thru the night to elevate her head. I like the idea of the memory foam.
    Tommy & Elaine Thornton
    Manassas, VA
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Z-71 6.0 crew cab short bed
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got our rear couch/bed legs cut off and adjusted consistent with the threads attached by Ken and Rob to this thread. I did not see where anyone had done a further mod to level the rear section so I did that as well. The 1" pieces I cut off the legs were used as 3/4" spacers (turned sideways) in the rear frame section to level the rear section as well. In addition, on our bed, the front two sections dipped a bit where they meet so when I re-bolted the rear section of the legs, I dropped them 1/2" to level the first two sections. Put a straight 2"/4" over entire bed and now all sections are level.

A bonus to spacing the rear section 3/4" higher was that the rear couch section has more slant to it nearly touching the wall when being used as a couch........more comfortable to sit in !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150624_101808.jpg 
Views:	414 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	2620Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150624_103504.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	2621Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150623_083632.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	94.4 KB 
ID:	2622

Forgot to add that the picture with level was taken before I leveled the rear section......if you look closely you can see the 3/4' dip at the rear next to the wall that no longer exists with adding the spacers noted above.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20150623_102558.jpg  
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Dan,

You certainly did a more complete job of resolving this, than I did. I just shortened the legs on the first section and use a piece of foam to make up the difference on the back two sections. This still isn't "right" and I like the way you have shimmed and adjusted to get everything exactly level and also tipped the couch back a little for more comfortable sitting . . . I am going to have another go at ours . . . following your directions.

Your picture with the 2x4 and level reminded me of a picture that I took of ours, as received, before I shortened the legs. It took 3 pieces of 2x4 (about 4 1/2") to reach level ! (I know the picture is sideways . . . but you get the idea)

Rob

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0630.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	2627
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toesinthewater, we were considering putting spacers under those hinges as well. We were hoping that perhaps the spacers alone would be adequate to make the bed level enough without cutting the legs off. ?? Our last overnight guests slept with their heads at the padded foot end of the bed, and we padded the lower part (where their feet rested) with a folded comforter underneath the foam mattress pad we use. They had no complaints, and slept on the bed two consecutive nights. But I'd sure like a permanent fix for this . An easy permanent fix, of course.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast