Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help!

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have thought about this but I really like taking a separate BBQ bottle along. We have an outside propane fired firepot that can use the same bottle. Also, with a separate bottle I can move the Blackstone where ever I want it.
    2018 Solitude 375 RES 2022 F450 Powerstroke Dually

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    ... for this option GD ran the supply hose all the way from the OTHER side of the trailer rather than tapping into the supply on the park side. Since the latter would be easier and cheaper to do, there may be a reason for doing it the hard way. The supply hose is tapped into the system just below the main auto-switching regulator on the utility side of the trailer and then travels to the park side.
    The reason they ran the hose from the Drivers side of the coach, and not the Passenger side of the coach, is because the red regulator on the Pass side does not reduce the Propane pressure down to the "Low (usable)" pressure (11 column inches), the pressure coming out of the red regulator is still high pressure (not the full tank pressure) and it feeds into the grey regulator on the Drivers side where they tapped into the Low pressure output from the regulator to feed the quick connect port.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have installed a low pressure quick connect on my 310GK because that's what I had on my last trailer. I much prefer to use the onboard propane rather than a seperate tank. I also don't like the idea of just teeing in to the passenger side tank for the barbeque because i like to use the self switching feature of the on board regulator. That way I am using only one tank at a time and can replace the one that runs out while continuing to operate the fridge, heater, etc on other tank.
    I found a very convenient way to plumb in the low pressure quick connect that I wanted.
    From the factory, the passenger side tank is plumbed to the switching regulator located on the driver's side, by way of an intermediate regulator and a rubber hose that runs through a 2" square hollow steel tube that runs across from one side of the trailer to the other. The ends of the this square steel tube are sealed with expanding foam insulation around the rubber hose, but you can find it and open it up easily just by just poking your finger through the foam.
    All I did was install a tee below the switching regulator on the driver's side and connect a rubber propane hose to that tee which feeds back through the same square steel tube back to the passenger side. I terminated that hose with a quick connect fitting that is mounted inside the passenger side propane compartment facing straight down. I then used a can of expanding foam to re-seal the ends of the square steel tube.
    I can now attach a hose from that quick connect, straight down through the open bottom of the propane compartment and out to my barbeque. I bought a 12 foot hose with quick connects on both ends for that purpose. I also removed the regulator from my barbeque and replaced it with a male quick connect fitting so that it is low pressure ready. I am very please with the result, because it allows me to use the on board propane system, as I prefer, and it was quite a simple diy install.
    I don't have any pictures of the installation, but I could take some if anyone is interested.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2017 Solitude 310GK, new to us Nov. 2020
    2021 F350

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared23 View Post
    I have installed a low pressure quick connect on my 310GK because that's what I had on my last trailer. I much prefer to use the onboard propane rather than a seperate tank. I also don't like the idea of just teeing in to the passenger side tank for the barbeque because i like to use the self switching feature of the on board regulator. That way I am using only one tank at a time and can replace the one that runs out while continuing to operate the fridge, heater, etc on other tank.
    I found a very convenient way to plumb in the low pressure quick connect that I wanted.
    From the factory, the passenger side tank is plumbed to the switching regulator located on the driver's side, by way of an intermediate regulator and a rubber hose that runs through a 2" square hollow steel tube that runs across from one side of the trailer to the other. The ends of the this square steel tube are sealed with expanding foam insulation around the rubber hose, but you can find it and open it up easily just by just poking your finger through the foam.
    All I did was install a tee below the switching regulator on the driver's side and connect a rubber propane hose to that tee which feeds back through the same square steel tube back to the passenger side. I terminated that hose with a quick connect fitting that is mounted inside the passenger side propane compartment facing straight down. I then used a can of expanding foam to re-seal the ends of the square steel tube.
    I can now attach a hose from that quick connect, straight down through the open bottom of the propane compartment and out to my barbeque. I bought a 12 foot hose with quick connects on both ends for that purpose. I also removed the regulator from my barbeque and replaced it with a male quick connect fitting so that it is low pressure ready. I am very please with the result, because it allows me to use the on board propane system, as I prefer, and it was quite a simple diy install.
    I don't have any pictures of the installation, but I could take some if anyone is interested.
    Cheers,
    Tom
    I would definitely like to see some pictures. Thanks for sharing. Frank.
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared23 View Post
    Cheers,
    Tom
    Sounds remotely similar to our setup. I’d like to see pictures also. I agree with plumbing after the self switching feature.
    We use a quick disconnect 36 ft hose because our Westinghouse 4500 generator is dual fuel and can run off the systems propane .
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

310GK Propane quick connect install

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4325.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	32380Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4324.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	32381Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4322.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	32382Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4323.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	32383

I'm not sure whether this worked or not. I have not uploaded pictures to the forum before. There should be 4 pictures, I am not sure in what order.

1 and 2) The tee below the switching regulator with the new hose attached.
    3) the location of the quick connect at the back of the passenger side propane compartment.
    4) One end of the square steel tube where it enters the passenger side propane compartment with my new hose both sealed into it with expanding foam.

If you look inside the front storage compartment at the very top back corner you will see the square steel tube that the hoses run through. Let me know if you have any other questions. I bought all of the parts from a company called Fairview Fittings. They cost me about $170 (canadian).
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2021 F350

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fmartinmn View Post
    I would definitely like to see some pictures. Thanks for sharing. Frank.
    See my post #8 above. What @Tsquared23 described is much like the factory installation on our trailer, excepting that the quick-connect is mounted under the side of the trailer near the door rather than in the curbside propane compartment.

EDIT: Ooops, now I see that Tsquared has already provided pictures, and more and better ones!
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really like the location where I put my quick connect as compared to under the side of the trailer. My previous trailer had it's connector under the side. I found that location difficult to reach, (bad knees so I don't like kneeling). I was always working blind to reach under to attach or detach the barbeque hose or to put the cap back on. In the propane compartment it is easy to just open the door and connect the hose. Also it is a bit more protected from road spray and dirt. I have bought a 12 ft. long hose to connect my barbeque so I have lots of flexibility for where I place it.
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2021 F350

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast