User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Noble View Post
    I have thought about this but I really like taking a separate BBQ bottle along. We have an outside propane fired firepot that can use the same bottle. Also, with a separate bottle I can move the Blackstone where ever I want it.
    I use the same approach Dick, an extra tank that does quad duty for Blackstone, Firepit, Dual-Fuel Gen, and emergency propane when you're in very cold environment where an RV park's propane refill suddenly breaks and you run out at 4am with the roads impassable.
    Last edited by CaptPicardo; 02-28-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    Jeff & Ally
    Started in Colorado Springs, Nov 2020 - full-timers
    Navy CPO ISC (SW/AW)
    RVIA Certified Tech (L1)
    2019 Grand Design - Solitude 377MBS
    2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax/Allison Standard Bed SRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this is what i used, i also ordered a Y from the tank and a adjustable regulator which allows me to get a higher flame for more heat

✅ MENSI 12FT Male/Female Quick-Connect RV Propane Hose for Blackstone Griddles: https://amzn.to/379rLg9​
    To connect to the Blackstone.
    ✅ GASPRO 1/4 Inch RV Propane Quick Connect Fitting: https://amzn.to/2H2VJbd​
    This connects to the regulator hose using the fitting above.
    ✅ Gauge Master Premium Propane Splitter: https://amzn.to/31B5jvp
    Last edited by antidad; 03-03-2021 at 10:27 AM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I use. It works great when you are hooking up to a grill that has it’s own regulator. When you tap into the quick connect that is down stream from your tanks AND regulator, you need to bypass the regulator on your grill or appliance. They will not work when two regulators are in the system. I put quick connects on my Weber grill so I can remove the regulator when I want to use my quick connect on my trailer and put the Weber regulator back on when I draw from the tanks directly. Sorry if that seems confusing.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been debating all of ths too. As has been mentioned already, most appliances come with a built in regulator so tapping into the high pressure side is more convenient than changing the appliance, but you lose some functionality of the built in auto switch function.

I still haven't decided exactly what to do, but I have discovered that many quick connect fittings leak. Specifically what I'm referring to is the hose that connects to the tank. That fitting should have a check valve to allow one to remove one tank and get it filled while the RV runs on the other tank. I have had several of those fail which means I have to turn the other tank off when I remove one.

That's a long way of saying that whatever I decide to do, I will install manual valves at all tanks and at any quick connect fittings.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Roll with the Changes", I have spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting and figuring out propane systems in the past and I am pretty sure I understand how the various components work so forgive me for disagreeing with some of your comments.
    I think you are mistaken about the function of the "ACME" tank connector nuts on your propane tank pigtail hoses. They are not designed to prevent propane from leaking back out of the hose when the tank is disconnected. That is a function of the automatic switching regulator. The regulator has a check valve built into it to prevent propane from flowing out of the hose when a tank is disconnected, but you have to change the selector to the full tank before disconnecting the empty one for this check valve to work properly. You may get a small amount of propane flowing out of the hose when you first disconnect it from the tank, but only until any pressure between the tank and regulator is relieved. The propane will come out of the hose quite slowly because it is coming through a small orifice in the ACME nut, but it will stop once the hose is empty. It takes longer to drain the hose if itis a long way from the tank to the regulator. If the propane flow does not stop you either have a faulty regulator, or you may have forgotten to switch the selector to the other tank before undoing the hose.
    There are a number of safety features built into the ACME nut however preventing backflow out of the hose is not one of them. I would be happy to explain my understanding of the safety features of these connector nuts if anyone is interested but I don't want to make this post too much longer, or presume to tell people things that they already know.
    Tom and Jan
    Surrey BC Canada
    2017 Solitude 310GK, new to us Nov. 2020
    2021 F350

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We added a Blackstone grill to our Imagine. It was easy, we bought a hose that had an RV quick connect on one end and the Blackstone threaded connect on the other. Plugs right into the quick connect under our outdoor kitchen.
    Evan & Mary
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared23 View Post
    "Roll with the Changes", I have spent quite a bit of time troubleshooting and figuring out propane systems in the past and I am pretty sure I understand how the various components work so forgive me for disagreeing with some of your comments.
    I think you are mistaken about the function of the "ACME" tank connector nuts on your propane tank pigtail hoses. They are not designed to prevent propane from leaking back out of the hose when the tank is disconnected. That is a function of the automatic switching regulator. The regulator has a check valve built into it to prevent propane from flowing out of the hose when a tank is disconnected, but you have to change the selector to the full tank before disconnecting the empty one for this check valve to work properly. You may get a small amount of propane flowing out of the hose when you first disconnect it from the tank, but only until any pressure between the tank and regulator is relieved. The propane will come out of the hose quite slowly because it is coming through a small orifice in the ACME nut, but it will stop once the hose is empty. It takes longer to drain the hose if itis a long way from the tank to the regulator. If the propane flow does not stop you either have a faulty regulator, or you may have forgotten to switch the selector to the other tank before undoing the hose.
    There are a number of safety features built into the ACME nut however preventing backflow out of the hose is not one of them. I would be happy to explain my understanding of the safety features of these connector nuts if anyone is interested but I don't want to make this post too much longer, or presume to tell people things that they already know.
    I stand corrected and thanks for clarifying the pigtail issue. I have also spent more time than I think I should have troubleshooting some issues as well. It is hard to find information about how some of these systems actually work. I have replaced a few pigtails and that seemed to have resolved the problem at the time, but maybe my understanding was not entirely correct.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123