User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Connecting Blackstone Grill to Solitude 310GK

Hi, Anyone have any experience connecting a blackstone grill to the rv propane tank? Any tips would be great,thanks!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would like to do the same! Thanks for posting the question.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2021 20' Haulmark Edge race trailer
    '17 Ram CCLB 3500 dually 6.7 turbo
    '96 Chevy C3500 CC dually 454
    2019 Honda Talon X
    1985 Honda FL350R Odyssey

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Reflection but I'm sure the hook up is the same. I connect a 10 foot hose to the quick connect on the side of the 5th wheel. No regulator is needed because the line you plug into is already regulated.
    I bought my hose from Amazon.
    2024 Ford F350 CCSB Lariat 7.3 4.30
    Sold- 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4
    Sold - 2020 Ford F350 Tremor 7.3 4.30
    Sold - 2020 GD Reflection 303RLS, 2019 GD Imagine 2250 RK

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NASCAR9 View Post
    I have a Reflection but I'm sure the hook up is the same. I connect a 10 foot hose to the quick connect on the side of the 5th wheel. No regulator is needed because the line you plug into is already regulated.
    I bought my hose from Amazon.
    I don't see that the Solitude 310GK has the quick connect for the propane. I know my Momentum 31G doesn't.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just looked online at the 310GK. Great looking rig but I do not see a factory quick connect. If you are handy I think you could install one down stream of the LP tank/regulator somewhere along the frame on the curb side. If not handy, I would think a good plumber or gas man could do it for you pretty reasonable.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoffnCheri View Post
    I just looked online at the 310GK. Great looking rig but I do not see a factory quick connect. If you are handy I think you could install one down stream of the LP tank/regulator somewhere along the frame on the curb side. If not handy, I would think a good plumber or gas man could do it for you pretty reasonable.
    Or you can just hook A splitter to one of the propane tanks on the frame with one side being a quick disconnect to attach a 12-20 ft propane hose to the grill and quick connect. No mods or running a line necessary.
    Donna and Dave
    Annapolis, Maryland
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2500RL / Dodge Ram Longhorn 2500 6.4 Hemi
    350 W Newapower Solar: 3000 Victron Inverter/ Charger: Firefly Oasis carbon foam AGM

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found out during our PDI that the 310GK didn’t have a quick connect but fortunately during the purchase process our salesman advised us it did have one so he had the service department install one for us as it was their mistake. You’d think a quick connect would be standard on the Solitudes as it seems to be standard on the other lines.
    Scott & Linda
    2022 390RK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited DRW HO Cummins LB
    B&W Companion 3600 RVK

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryK21 View Post
    Hi, Anyone have any experience connecting a blackstone grill to the rv propane tank? Any tips would be great,thanks!
    Our 310GK *does* have a propane quick-connect near the trailer door, but that's because our trailer was dealer-ordered with an outdoor kitchen option that we had the dealer remove. The propane quick-connect stayed behind.

I can therefore tell you that for this option GD ran the supply hose all the way from the OTHER side of the trailer rather than tapping into the supply on the park side. Since the latter would be easier and cheaper to do, there may be a reason for doing it the hard way. The supply hose is tapped into the system just below the main auto-switching regulator on the utility side of the trailer and then travels to the park side.

The hose terminates in a nice quick-connect with a valve locking mechanism for maximum safety, mounted conveniently near the side of the trailer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CurbsidePropaneHookup_02.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	32314 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CurbsidePropaneHookup_01.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	32315

Hope this helps.

[Both those pictures have been twisted around by the site, but if you have a couple of drinks and stare at them long enough they'll make sense.]
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - 2017 F-350 diesel SRW short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since you can't use the low pressure after the regulator I got a Y connector that goes on the tank and connected the line on the camper to one side and a 12 foot high pressure hose with the fitting for the grill (where the small throw away tank goes). Got both items from Amazon. Simple without trying to modify the grill regulator.

To clarify the low pressure issue....all the portable cooking Blackstone, Weber, CharBroil grills have a regulator that only works with high pressure gas coming straight off the LP tank (small or big). So if you hook up on the other side of the regular (low pressure) they will not work. I don't know if GD plumbs the quick connect to supply high or low pressure gas as my 310 doesn't have one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Last edited by Clsfly; 02-25-2021 at 10:07 AM. Reason: additional info

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clsfly View Post
    Since you can't use the low pressure after the regulator I got a Y connector that goes on the tank and connected the line on the camper to one side and a 12 foot high pressure hose with the fitting for the grill (where the small throw away tank goes). Got both items from Amazon. Simple without trying to modify the grill regulator.

To clarify the low pressure issue....all the portable cooking Blackstone, Weber, CharBroil grills have a regulator that only works with high pressure gas coming straight off the LP tank (small or big). So if you hook up on the other side of the regular (low pressure) they will not work. I don't know if GD plumbs the quick connect to supply high or low pressure gas as my 310 doesn't have one.

I'm certainly no Blackstone expert as our 22" is the first I've owned but on it the regulator is external so I believe it will work fine on the low side pressure from the trailer.
    2021 Momentum 31G
    2019 Honda Talon X

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast